Why do people defend pathfinder?

Let me change the word since “work” to you is of a completely physical nature. “Effort”, not wanting to put forth effort.

Then the problem isn’t PF, its making WQs more impactful.

1 Like

How is effort any different than work? Still sitting at a keyboard pressing keys.

People just want flying back to the it was when wow was the most successful and fun. Not one single person claimed flying at max level was lazy back then.

4 Likes

Actually, the whole bill of goods is the problem. Pathfinder and the world quest system go hand in hand. Blizzard has gone down this path of homogenizing the open world, end-game content into a series of nearly identical daily quests. There’s no variety to the content and the reputations all feel the same with the possible exception of the Tortollan. They need to break out of this mold.

Older expansions did this with varying reputations with different avenues for earning reputation and locations to go (specific tokens, drops, quests, zones, or dungeons). And the game included max-level only zones which had a different feel than the leveling zones and in some cases were insanely dangerous such as Icecrown.

While the world quest system is convenient, it’s boring as heck. They need to rethink it along with what open world end-game content should look like and Pathfinder should see fewer complaints.

2 Likes

You’re trying to equate flight as to why it was “successful” and “fun” and that wasn’t the reason that it was, try again.

It absolutely didn’t hurt the game. It added an additional layer of player agency and was an insanely (still is) popular feature. Maybe if people like you would just exercise a modicum of self control and stick to the ground we all could have the experience we want.

6 Likes

As a PvE’r your desires are irrelevant to me. Go play LOL

1 Like

Sounds like it’s time to for you to take your own advice.

2 Likes

No, but I speak for a significant portion who enjoys PF.

You don’t speak for anyone but yourself.

3 Likes

What he said ^

1 Like

Ahem. No, you don’t. I enjoy PF, but I know that it’s not completely fine and could use some significant improvements. We don’t need to be grounded for a year+, it doesn’t take that long to see/experience the content. They can shorten the steps, and people would still experience plenty of the content out there. They don’t need to make such a huge time frame between pt 1 and pt 2.

BFA didn’t need: 100 WQ requirement. Didn’t need TWO quest line requirements(Loremaster and Ready for War). The rep requirement would be better off at Friendly or Honored(once they know they can trust you, that should be good enough). The PT 2 requirements shouldn’t have even been needed at all. At the very least, it should have been good enough to just do the quest chains that introduced the two areas, and get to Friendly with the factions there. Draenor didn’t need a pt 2, not sure why they thought they had to make Legion and BFA need a pt 2.

3 Likes

Do you understand the opposing view? Not “Pathfinder is ok” view but why they have it? Because I don’t think you do. Prove me wrong?

1 Like

That’s fine. I don’t mind it being altered to keep it fresh. But if you want to get rid of it for a lame and boring system that involves you just paying gold to unlock flying, then no thanks.

I think there’s room for both. Not everyone wants to be forced to drag their butts all over the world and would be willing to pay gold per character. And not everyone wants to drag their butts all over the world just to make some coin to pay gold per character.

Saying something won’t or can’t change in a genre based on a living changing world is one of the most ridiculous things you can say.

I’ll keep voicing my opinion on flying for as long as I want. So deal with that or ignore my posts.

3 Likes

The reason they gave for PF is a lie. If it was about experiencing the content from the ground then PF wouldn’t have the longest time gate in the history of the game attached to it.

3 Likes

Again, did you not read my post? Here let me quote myself so you can read it again:

Did you not read mine?

Is there any way I can make this more clear to you?

1 Like

Yea dude, I’m sure you can get them to change it if you cry on here enough. Keep it up, you got this!