Why do I have to be a mythic raider to PvP?

I used to have the same issue but I recognize that blizzard is incompetent when it comes to pvp. Pve in wow will always come first, which is why we got the infamous “shut up pvp guy”
It sucks and is rather stupid to ignore a large chunk of your player base. But at this point I doubt they will put any emphasis on retail pvp.

3 Likes

I don’t know if incompetent is the correct term. Maybe hostile, which is why I think it’s OK for people to be upset with the status quo.

I almost mentioned that in my post but I didn’t want you to think it was directed towards you :slightly_smiling_face:. To be fair, it was in reference to Diablo development but otoh at least some of those same developers were later moved to WoW.

1 Like

They are incompetent as a whole, when it comes to pvp. I’ve played all their games Sc2, HOTS, Overwatch and all have glaring issues that needed fixing. Also The “shut up pvp guy” was about WOW changes.

I mean last I checked there is still no lead pvp designer.

The “Shut Up PvP Guy” video was Jay Wilson, he was talking about how they wouldn’t allow PvP to affect PvE design in Diablo like they did in WoW. He did go on to work on WoD before he left Blizzard and likely brought some of that mentality to our game.

He was talking about the pve game in wow, he may have been the diablo dev for Diablo 3, he still had influence on WOW.

EVen ghost crawler in an interview talks about how his ability to influence pvp was extremely limited.

The reference to WoW was that they wouldn’t allow PvP to affect PvE even to the extent of WoW. I believe he was lead designer for Diablo at the time, at least it’s what I’ve read. I can absolutely imagine it happening in WoW, but in that interview they were discussing Diablo.

He worked on multiple projects with WOW.

He later went on to work on WoD but is no longer with Blizzard. Some of the people laughing in the background are probably current WoW developers. I don’t doubt at least some of the mentality expressed in the video is reflective of the attitude they have towards PvP in WoW.

Reread what I wrote and try again. “If ALL the best pve gear came from pvp” Not one essence.