Why do I have to be a mythic raider to PvP?

Too many op pve tank trinkets. Burst is not possible, will go into heavy dampening.

2 Likes

Hahahaha :+1:

2 Likes

I literally unsubbed because of this, so my sub will be ending in a few weeks.

The funniest part to me is that Blizzard’s response is: “oh we’ll see what (if anything) we can change for the next xpac”.

I’ve seen this same cycle over and over, they screw the game up and then wait for an entire expansion to release before trying to make any adjustments - rinse and repeat.

1 Like

Jugaa always assumes that when someone is complaining about gear disparity that they are complaining because they are being beaten by people who outgear them.

It doesn’t even enter into Jugaa’s mind that they might be complaining because it’s too easy to beat people that they outgear. :stuck_out_tongue:

There are players who gear for PvP to increase the chance that they fight people who they outgear and there are players who gear for PvP to decrease the chance that the people they fight outgear them.

Good players tend to have the second mindset. They don’t want to win fights because they outgear someone. They want to win fights because they outplayed someone.

2 Likes

430s would be downgrades for three of my characters. :wink:

There is just not much incentive to do conquest unless you are gearing up an alt to a decent level to do mythics, heh.

There is also not much of an incentive for people in mythic gear to actually be playing to win in random BGs (unless they are working on the BG essence).

You know those BG wins that you get sometimes where the enemy team has 30+ HKs and your team has less than 5 HKs? It’s because there were mythic geared players on the other side that were just there to kill people. Why would they even care about winning since conquest is worthless to them?

1 Like

Conquest gear shoulda started with 430 then 440 or something around those lines

By the time 430 comes its hardly that good anymore

#bringbackwodpvpsystem

3 Likes

Whatever they might want to say it’s a system that benefits PvE players at the expense of PvP players by design.

2 Likes

Seriously, if myself and the people I run mythics with on my (current) main grouped up to do a random BG we would give zero @#@#s if we lose the BG. We’d play to win, but we don’t NEED the win.

Now imagine people in mythic gear just grouping up to grief lower item level people in random BGs. They wouldn’t need to split up to play objectives. They would just stick together and steamroll anyone who isn’t doing the same thing they are.

That is what happens when you make pve gear better and easier to get than pvp gear which makes conquest worthless to people who have geared via pve.

1 Like

Wowsers… Never seen or heard that interview… Very very tempted to unsub right now :expressionless:

3 Likes

That sums up pvp quite well tbh

1 Like

You’re talking about something totally different here with your comment. You can’t enjoy PVP very much if you’re under geared and to gear up to par you must do PVE – I think you know what he’s talking about but you’re being willfully ignorant of his point.

2 Likes

400 is high enough to do fine in randoms.

That was Jay Wilson, I think he was the lead developer for Diablo 3 at the time of the interview. He later worked on WoW, along with some of the other Diablo developers, but is no longer with Blizzard.

Honestly just ignore him, pretty sure he is just trolling

I don’t believe that mythic PvE participation is a requirement for random battlegrounds. At all.

The concept of a PvP stat like resilience is a problem that seeps into other aspects of the game beyond randoms.

1 Like

The forums in the aftermath was even worse.

Endless amount of “Shut up pvpers” and “go quit already”.

As you can see more than a few people in this thread come to the same conclusion because it’s true.

Jugheads always trolling these threads.

1 Like

Different opinion doesn’t equal trolling but okay.

1 Like

This sums up this person.

1 Like

Because I disagree with you? Again, okay.