Why do I have to be a mythic raider to PvP?

I like how you only pick one specific thing and nitpick “AKSHUALLY” like all the other points people have made to you are irrelevant lol

I cant tell cause classic avatar, but im gonna guess youre a pve focused player thats been hard stuck at 1600 since MoP cause no decent pvper would say the stuff youre saying

Wild swing and miss about her :joy:

Found retail character. Exactly what I was expecting minus the pve. Not too much of a miss tbh

These are the people blizzard listens to lolololol, but Venruki makes a thread in the arena forums that hits thread capped and his suggestions are just ignored

Makes sense

You don’t need to PvE to PvP. You don’t need to PvE to get gear. It’s easier and overall better gearing to do so in PvE but it’s not mandatory.

1 Like

Yeah, if you suck or never want to be competitive in any sort of rated pvp

Its easier, faster, and the gear is better unless youre actually a Gladiator, which youre not gonna get without PvE gear (check the ladder my dude). The power differences and reward frequency is so vastly different that this argument is absurd, and thats just GEAR. Theres like 8 million mandatory PvE grinds before people can even push rating

3 Likes

The ladder looks the way it does because the gear is superior, not mandatory. Plenty of people PvP purely at higher levels and do fine.

On top of that, we’re talking about BGs, not competitive arenas. You don’t need top tier gear to win in BGs. Never have.

People just act like they do because they lose a bg, sort by damage and see a boomkin or some BS at the top and assume that’s why they lost. They don’t consider noobs leaving nodes, not capping when they should, not peeling for healers, fighting in the road, not kicking or CCing anyone.

4 Likes

Lol gear is superior but not mandatory…yeah I’m sure theres a ton of people 2.2k+ in only glad gear (theres not). I havent played this toon since week 4 of the season (classic btw) and the top players were only like 2.1. The power difference between even this 429 toon and a mythic raider/someone that farmed mythics for longer than a week and a half was wayyyyyyyyyyyy too big even then, its probably even worse now. Plus essences, HoA level…its literally a joke.

BGs should be the heroics/0 key mythics of PvP, not a place where you get no gear and have to overcome what essentially is an xpac and a half of power creep while not catching up in any meaningful way

pvp gearing in general is broken and the “ThIS Is AbOuT bGs” thing is bogus. At least you could get honor gear that gave you an advantage in PvP FROM PvP back in the day and not have keyboard turning BRs two shot you with their welfare pve epics that are better in every single way than the PvP gear you can obtain. I used to ding max level with my honor capped and buy some honor gear to catch up and immediately start grinding my conquest cap for arena gear, and the power difference between last seasons gear that I bought with honor and current gear was straight up less than the power gained from 10 ilvls right now…thats not ok

I dont get why people are defending the gearing system at all, if there was even a remotely similar comparison in PvE gearing the general forums would be literally throwing a fit and itd be fixed in a week. Meanwhile, PvPers have been saying “this sucks” since BFA dropped and Blizzard listened to us by making it significantly worse by adding essences (the pvp ones are pretty much all trash btw) and flat % stam that requires an amount of AP only acquirable through PvE.

No wonder pvp is dead

2 Likes

This thread is talking about randoms and having to do mythic raids. You do not have to raid at all. Cap cp and do some world quests are fine enough.

Is the problem, the potential being there is the issue. Saying 400ilvl, or even the base 415 from the rewards, is fine in random bgs vs people with mythic ilvl gear; is like buying a car and them telling you that 80% of the time it will drive fine and the other 20% the steering wheel will lock up and then the brakes will disconnect.

2 Likes

Uh yea, a car putting my life in danger is totally the same.

You just summed up randoms. Not all have people like this and both sides have them but you are more apt to lose because of this than gear.

God damn you’re insufferable. Its like talking to a chatbot that can only read one line at a time, everything is literal, and it picks one hyperbole to latch onto like it makes everything else irrelevant

Its literally not fine, but ok. Yeah you dont have to do mythic raids to press the queue for bgs button. You win boss. Checkmate atheists.

I dont know why its such a radical idea that the people who invest time in PvP should be more powerful in PvP than the people who dont

3 Likes

Well they do. Rated pvpers gear through M+ and 3s or rated BGs, even 2s. If you look at their toons, 90% are not raiding, just doing M10+. They could nerf M10 gear and make something like M12 or 13+ give the higher gear. That one is up to Blizzard. As for randoms, 415 gear, which now we are at 430 gear, is enough. If you want higher do some rated BGs (if you want to stick with the BG theme)

Now you are just being hyperbolic. It’s still not pvp

1 Like

It’s also new content that clearly Blizz wants people to do.

Which is the problem. Before if pvpers want to gear by purely pvp means they had realistic options. Current system in pvp is rather crap for time invest to reward. To get m+10 ilvl gear drops you have to win games above duelist. And the majority of people will never get that high when on the m+ majority of people can mostly braindead 10s at this point.

To give an example my paladin 44 wins last week in arena and saw 1 piece drop. My monk also has a pretty low drop rate from wins in arena too, and the only rewards from pvp chest the last 4 weeks as been the exact same ring.

2 Likes

That’s why I said maybe they should nerf m10s numbers if it’s as easy as people claim. Make it so you need to do 12s or 13s. Or m10 has to be done within the timer. Or can’t spam it. I could see them making changes like this before they ever have separate gear again.

No nerfing pve gear isnt the answer improving gearing for pvp should be.

1 Like

For rated pvp, I agree.

Non rated gear is still crap compared to just doing a m0 for easier better rewards.