Why do I always get bored with hunter after level 15

I always seem to get bored with hunters at like level 15. It doesn’t seem to matter what race or what class specialization. When Cataclysm opened up the hunter class to Humans I was super excited unfortunately I had been away from the game until recently. My first new toon was a human hunter got boring fast. I don’t think it is the primarily being a ranged combatant because I can play mages and other ranged classes fine. Any ideas why it is one of my least favorite classes? Or any ways to change my feelings towards it?

I feel this post.
For YEARS I have tried to get behind hunter, I actually really love the class, but when I play it I lose interest so quickly.
Now I don’t know if it’s just the stigma behind the class or what, but I can never seem to fully commit to one.

Glad I’m not the only one.

This expansion was the furthest I have gotten a hunter, level 53 or something, and that was only because I used my pre-purchase to boost one to 50. lol

I feel the same way about warriors and paladins. My record for either is level 27.

I’m just not into it :woman_shrugging:

My current Warrior is not only my highest leveled warrior but also highest leveled Alliance toon ever. I really need to get her to 45 so I can start working towards some of the allied races.

Playstyles, classes, specs.

I can never enjoy Rogue or Druid, in any spec. I have tried a few times. I am happy to stick with that which I enjoy and not ponder why I don’t enjoy the others.

3 Likes

From my low level experience the fights are to fast. You spend a few fights dumping your focus bar and then another fight just filling it back up. You don’t get into the nice flow for mm at least until fights get longer.

Hunter has a great toolkit that makes the class fun, but has suffered from core abilities that have been pruned, made to sound neutered, and been forced into a boring rotation like BM instead of contextual abilities.

2 Likes

When you said fighters did you mean fights? When I hear the term fighters I think of the fighter in D & D. Which would be the equivalent of the warrior class in Wow.

It varies by player. Warlock is the one I can’t play at higher levels. Druid ping-pongs with each expac, but hasn’t risen to super fun for me since WotLK.

(Paladin was my first character in 2005. I didn’t get it at all and died on first mission. Deleted him. I decided to try again with classic. Was fun up to level 12 and has now become a chore. Don’t know if I’ll keep him.)

I meant fights.

Okay that makes more sense now in the context of your previous comment.

Honestly, Hunter is not for everyone. I was excited for human hunter as well… however it just looks stupid playing it on a human now. You have to have a certain mindset when playing a hunter. Personally I can’t stand casters and melee all that much unless the class or spec has a pet. I enjoy having a companion by my side however i’ve been more inclined to play hunter over warlock as I cant stand casting classes.

It’s sort of like enjoying feet, but not knowing why. You just have to have an affinity for the playstyle :wink:

For me, Hunter is the only option.

I prefer RDPS to MDPS.
I don’t like “Magic”. I know we have arcane shot, and an infinite quiver, but we aren’t a typical wizard character, which is what I don’t like.

I play the ‘bow and arrow’ class in pretty much every game I play. It was always going to be Hunter. MM to be specific. I don’t really like pet-classes in any-game either, unless it’s heavy Role-Playing, like D&D or TES etc…

If I had to criticize Hunters, it’s not really a criticism of Hunters, but WoW overall, is that they are a ‘High-accuracy’ class fantasy, in a game with no aiming or even a real chance to miss. Like I said, I play archers in every game, and one of the reasons for that is I enjoy the projectile combat. WoW Hunters are just aesthetically an Archer class, but there’s no requirement of archery skill to play them. Other MMOs have attempted to tackle this with more ‘aimed’ mechanics, which is kind of cool. But Hunters just don’t really have that level of satisfaction, that other Archery games do. There’s nothing to fix here, I’m just stating an element of gameplay I miss, while playing WoW, as compared to the many many VR archery titles I own.

And before you ask… yes, Legolas is my waifu. I mean, Orlando Bloom is a handsome man. We could all do worse.

1 Like

I feel the same when rolling a mage but hunter keeps me going.

I’ve never understood this mindset. The game doesn’t start until max level. You can’t know if you enjoy a class until you’re max level on it, or at least playing in current content. Maybe I’m crazy and the only person who thinks like this though, idk.

As for suggestions… accept that you don’t enjoy leveling a hunter, and move on. If you don’t want to move on, you could always boost a hunter. You’d have a max level hunter and wouldn’t be bored from leveling it.

This is me 100%. It’s like the only class I’ve never lvled to max lvl at least once before and only had a max lvl hunter because I used (wasted) a free boost on one.

15 is the new 30…ish.

Feel like this is when Warriors, Paladins, and Hunters finally start getting decent…

1 Like