Why did you choose Horde/Alliance?

More people to play with on horde. As simple as that. I like the alliance arch better but it is a barren wasteland.

1 Like

Never played mmo before wow, only started playing wow cause I played warcraft orcs and hamans warcraft 2 and 3,

In Vanilla I played a human paladin alliance proud cause of the RTS

In BC friends were playing horde and wanted me to join them so I made a blood elf paladin cause I love paladins, and liked the high elves from warcraft 2 but never felt right being a blood elf on horde, liked the horde for the horde I knew from warcraft 2 and 3 but as horde blood elf felt wrong

In Wrath went human DK on alliance

Cata orc shaman on horde

Panda-WOD orc warrior horde strong by then

Legion made a blood elf demon hunter but quickly went back to orc warrior

BFA played both sides regularly leveled human paladin first then focused on orc warrior and made a mag’har

Shadowlands ? With the expanded customizations I’m not sure, I’ll finally be able to make my alliance high elf, but lately I always seem to go back to my orc warrior (my manaroth shoulders probably contribute alot to that) no matter what I’ll just be playing lots of alts on both sides of the field, I’ll probably have more fun leveling alts in the new 1-50 leveling then I will my mains from 50-60

2 Likes

When I first started all my friends were on Alliance so I made my character on Alliance. And I sort of got stuck being on Alliance with all my characters because I CAN’T MAIL STUFF TO MY OWN CHARACTER CROSS FACTION! I have a bunch of toons with various professions that I use to “support” each other but my one Horde toon (that I only leveled to unlock Highmountain Tauren after convincing myself I would totally play it and then didn’t) has no support.

As a kid playing WC2 I preferred horde then in WC3 I preferred undead followed by night elves then horde.

So you would think when I finally got a good enough internet connection to play wow I would have chose horde for a faction but I went with alliance because that’s what my already established friends played on. Now I stay on alliance because well the cities are nicer for the most part. Now if they gave every city its own portal hub so I could chose whichever one I wanted as my home base things might change.

I live in a mudhut irl. Couldn’t see myself living anywhere else. Also orc female booty.

1 Like

My friends were playing alliance but wc3 thrall/cairne made me go horde. Then sylvanas went and wrecked my life and I’m playing alliance right now.

• Races are more original looking. We’ve all played elves, dwarves, and humans in other fantasy games, but who’s played a troll or zombie?
  • Morals are more interesting. I hate having to run around being the lawful good person who’s motives are ‘be a good person at all times’. That’s how I try to be IRL, but it’s boring when playing games.
  • At the time that I joined there were more Alliance players, especially on my server. I like being the underdog.
  1. I like castles and the medieval European architecture style
  2. Dwarves were my main thing when I started (wanted to model it after my dwarf tank in DA:O)
  3. Garithos.
  4. Now I can’t join horde because of their use of plague
1 Like

Dwarves. I stick to the Alliance for the dwarves as they are my favorite race. I love pretty much everything about them and was really into them before WoW. Most of my D&D characters are probably dwarves. :smiley:

1 Like

I actually started on alliance because that’s where my friends played - nelf rogue in mid-vanilla.

When i started to play more seriously, i switched to horde. The aesthetic of horde, especially forsaken was appealing to me - i am a dark type of person in general. I eventually got into the lore of wow and greatly enjoy the lore of the forsaken and blood elves.

Over time i totally switched to horde, so much so that i have never leveled higher than 40ish on alliance, and only once many years ago. I quit wow from early mists-now, but before that my characters were 80% blood elves, mostly the looks.

Coming back to the game and making new characters in planning to play much more alliance for a totally new experience for the game. In my heart though, i am FOR THE HORDE

I always go for the whole imperial knights style faction. Humans are typically up that alley a majority of the time.

Terrans in Starcraft. Empire in Starwars, Humans in Warcraft etc.

Really what sold me was Varian. The way he takes on Garrosh in that ulduar cinematic.

2 Likes

In the beginning Horde was the lesser played race so I went horde. Now? Alliance q times are shorter and Alliance has less edge lords.

1 Like

zug life chose me…

Seriously, though I just go where my friends go and was Alliance till the fox people appeared.

I chose Horde starting out because I loved Warcraft 3 and thought Thrall was real cool. I felt like the Horde was a bunch of underdogs and wanted to just sorta live their lives but the Alliance just wanted to wipe them out.

I play Alliance now because Garrosh happened and I didn’t wanna commit war crimes. Then Vol’Jin did nothing and got killed before he could be a good warchief, then Sylvanas happened, and now I’m just all about the “Genn punches Sylvanas in the face” hype train that I am the sole passenger of.

Didn’t care for Sylvanas or the Orc attitude of “We didn’t do anything wrong” after genocide number 6.

OverALL I prefer the Alliance character models, especially gnome, human, and VE females. My first character was, naturally, what I would see myself being in a video game, and thus a NE male. I’ve come to really like the BE female models, and thus do play some Horde now (4/20 max level toons are Horde). The other factor was that I loathe the Horse cities. Loathe. Hate. Detest. Abhor. Stinky BAD bad!!!

I chose Horde for some reasons:

A. I generally like creating characters that are odd and different from what is expected… even though this isn’t a Horde trait specifically I felt playing ‘the bad guys’ was different enough .

1. The Horde also feels more ‘rebel alliance’ IMO… as the Alliance feels like Imperials and I generally root for the underdog.

III. My first main was Undead, and I fell in love with Sylvanas and she is still one of my favorite characters. My undead will follow the dark lady regardless of how b.a.t.s.h.i.t. she becomes!

I originally chose alliance and love playing it when i have the chance, but all my friends chose horde so that was where i ended up at for progression, I love horde too but ally city’s are so much nicer, granted i love the horde lore so much more…
Its a hard choice to be honest both are great in their own way…

To sum it up: Play both they both have something great to offer.

I saw the horde’s lore and its motivations.
I saw the lore of the alliance and its motivations.

I was never interested in playing as a stormtrooper hungry for achievement and power.

And the alliance has always proved to be more noble and heroic to me.