Why did Blizzard make skill not matter anymore?

celestalon who thank god doesn’t work on wow anymore actually said this once

his reasoning was that ‘more players in all content is better’

it used to be that mastering your spec meant you do more damage
now they moved spec complexity to ‘item complexity’ and who ever has cyclotronic blast,azerite beam, and a damage proc on their gear is the better player by default

it’s funny when you look at a spec like frost dk
absurdly low skill floor already, but they moved 50+% of the dam into frost fever

if i froststrike/oblit 50 more times than another dk because of better uptime/rune management our damage will still be within 2% of eachother

same can be said about arms MS / OP vs deep wounds

1 Like

ya thats crazy man, I remember before I quit in cata for awhile I used to love trying to 1v2 people in bgs, but now thats like impossible, just due to having so many less tools now at ones disposal.

Was just like maybe the most toxic design philosophy iv ever seen in a game.

I think them moving more things into items right now is just a band-aid for lacking class designs, hopefully next xpack is better.

1 Like

You are insinuating that I am talking about difficulty here, don’t pick apart my post. I’m saying they could be removing abilities from classes in order to reduce the amount of keybinds thus being able to be played on a controller. Class difficulty has something to do with game difficulty, but doesn’t tell the whole story, so don’t accuse me of saying class homogenization makes the game 10x easier. If each class had only 5 abilities but they were all extremely unique to that class and playstyle then the game would be 5 million times better than it is now, has nothing to do with difficulty.