Why did BLIZZARD let so many on same server?

This mess is Blizzards fault 100%. I was on within minutes of the servers up to create and save my name on day 1. Why did they let so many people on the same server? They should have had it where after the number of characters they know they can not handle, you get a “server locked” message and have to make a character on another server. Instead they let everyone make characters on the same server and sit in queue for 8 hours a day because they screwed up. No layering for phase 2 = even bigger disaster for us.

1 Like

They will never lock a server because people want to play with their friends. If they allowed server xfers the problem would sort itself out. I’m not abandoning my 33 rogue. I might move my rogue though.

2 Likes

You make a good point for phase 2. What if there isn’t a major drop off?

They should lock them to your potential, if you’re only ever going to level/rep grind and basically play like a participation reward player in bfa doing wq/warfronts and at most lfr/norm raid, should’ve thrown you on your own realm. Hardcore raiders over here and pvp players on another just like retail. You want pvp go to tichondrius, you want to hardcore raid go to kj/illidan etc. Want to sit in goldshire go to moonguard.

Also they should lock the server to people that aren’t already established on them and temp lockout people until they fix it, also provide free xfers.

Yeah, I have zero expectation of playing this game while they figure out their jobs. A year + anticipation is turning into a balloon of deflated expectations, frustration and general contempt for the fail.

Same. People are like. “Just reroll, how hard can it be?” I’m level 26, and my friends are on this server. I’m not leaving now. Plus that’s like 2.5 days of playing. If they offered transfers all of my friends have agreed we’d leave.

2 Likes

What mess? I don’t see a mess. I have no queue times because I’m playing on a server that isn’t one of the most populated, you should try it.

3 Likes

I’ve never seen a single post with so many bad idea in it until I read this.

3 Likes

I have 3 times already. I had made alt characters on Herod also in case mine was full. Am I supposed to have time to make 6 alts on different servers when they all have a queue time?? Brilliant plan you have there.

If there’s no drop off then classic is doomed to succeed. Don’t know what Blizz will do about that.

You knew as well as everyone else in this thread that Herod was going to be one of the most populated servers… don’t try and pretend otherwise. lol

Herod is where I planned to play but left and went somewhere else due to 8 hour queue times.

Be realistic, if you’re a crap lfr player why join a server like illidan that pugs mythic in trade chat if you’ll never be capable of doing the same content. Same thing for the other groups of players.

Be realistic, shun the casuals and this game shuts down. The masses are casuals anymore.

Lets be honest, the majority of you will miss not getting loot for every 30 minutes of play time, people are already complaining about classic, some have quit not even due to queues but with how much of a time investment it is. Just wait til people hit 60 and you have to wait a month in a 40 man raid to get a specific item, also the majority that stay in lfr in retail probably won’t be doing the majority of the raids at least any meaningful portions of them.

What shocks me is classic was the definition of raid or die mentality, if you want gear you have to raid basically, there are a few exceptions to this as there are some broken dungeon pieces but not for every spec. The time sink also, I’m sure the masses that play for an hr a day probably will make little to no progress in anything they attempt to do, this is why BFA is perfect for the masses, do 30 minutes of world quests, get a full set of gear.
Deplete a 10 no worries get a free 440 item at the end of the week, afk lfr, warfronts etc. get free gear for participating.

I’m not sure who the you you’re referring to is.

You keep using that word. I’ve been chilling on classic for many ages.

This is true, but they are still the vast majority of the player-base.

Still cant login into my original realm where my guild exists. Tried another realm, could get logged in. But it’s chaos. too many people, cant get anything done. I will re-visist classic at a later date.
Blizzard botched this. Not only unsubbed. But will ask for a refund for this month.

“You” as in a generalization, I couldn’t care less about you in particular let alone to waste my time looking you up as if I did that I’d be looking up dozens of people every day prior to making a post on here and who cares to look up 20 lfr players like you said that are the majority.

Don’t know what you mean by chilling on classic, so casually doing nothing other than leveling and maybe rep grinding. That’s fine I don’t care what you do but if there’s a specific realm like herod/stalag or others that are going to be Massive raiding servers pushing to raid naxx and you “not you specifically since i need to explain it” will never step foot into it let alone any lesser raid content then they should divert you elsewhere.

I didn’t say lfr players weren’t the majority, but eventually as I know these threads won’t do anything the majority will quit even after they hit 60 when their content dries up.

2.5 WHOLE days?

Wow man. I can see how that’s asking a lot of you, to start over with that kind of investment.