Why deprune if the abilities suck?

Why give my hunter tranq shot if it only works on 2 mobs in all of SL? Why give my paladin Hand of freedom in pve at all if it doesn’t work on any slow in PVE. Chains in the maw? Nope doesn’t work. NPC daze? Nope doesn’t work. Just take all this crap out if you’re going to make it all meaningless in pve.

I hear you now. BUT MUH PVP. Go make them pvp talents then or something. Ion doesn’t care about pvp anyway. Go back to the shadows and pray TBC arena doesn’t end up like SL arena.

4 Likes

Lol both abilities you listed are super useful

Tranq shot is amazing in mythic+

HoF is amazing basically everywhere

11 Likes

Hand of Freedom has saved me from oopsies, don’t get rid of that!

Content exists outside of SL

idk what chains are in the maw (don’t go)
I don’t think it has ever worked on daze

“pve” is all content outside pve so anywhere else it works makes it useful :man_shrugging:

YOu mean amazing in The one M+ it does anything De other side. Its beyond useless in all others.

Maybe someone should make an addon to hide abilities in the spellbook so people can hide what they don’t use instead of asking for stuff to be removed :thinking:

You just flat out disable an affix with it

Just because you don’t know how/where to use abilities doesn’t mean they suck lol

14 Likes

I’ve actually used Frostbolt in the maw to bait out assassin kicks to keep from losing my arcane spells. And the occasional Fire Blast to knock out enemies that are so low in health that I wouldn’t want to waste either the mana or a Clearcasting charge on them.

They’re super niche PVE uses but they give me a little bit of enjoyment every time I’m able to do that.

3 Likes

“If it doesn’t have any effect on the content that I do then it’s useless”

3 Likes

You know tranq shot can be used to dispel enrage effects, right?

Just to be clear, because I think you don’t get it, that means on raging weeks, it literally works on EVERY mob in the game (in dungeons).

1 Like

It doesn’t have any effect on 90% of the content in the game, that makes WOW big. So yes its useless lol.

Oh good every week theirs a chance it won’t remain useless. lmfao. Get outta here with that. It purges one enrage, and 1 magic effect, and it doesn’t ever purge the magic effects from mobs most of the time. Its so beyond rare it dispells anything it might as well not exist.

1 Like

You seem to take personal offense to facts.

Sorry that you don’t know how your abilities work, but tranq shot is indispensable. I get that you don’t get that. Anyway, have a good one.

3 Likes

Imagine if sap only worked in dungeons once every few weeks, and outside of that it never worked. Despite saying it should. Be pretty pointless huh?

Lol I mean that’s not true. Come on now. Also I agree the depruning sucked but I disagree with you on the abilities you mentioned.

It doesn’t purge any magical effects from any mobs that self buff in the maw, or in torgast. I’ve yet to see it purge anything from any mob when I lvl’d around in Shadowlands. The only thing I"ve seen it work on is enrage week, and the ghosts in De other side. Every other time i’ve hit that button when everything says it should indeed purge that buff. It does nothing.

So why have it? its rarely ever useful I’d much rather have a button that always does something when I press it lol.

Why don’t we make a real comparison, like Shiv. I can use it to dispel enrage on enrage weeks. Once again, it is INDISPENSABLE. It serves very little function to me on other weeks. And your solution is to remove the ability?

Sorry you don’t seem to get it. How about you just don’t use the ability? Let the rest of us make use of its AMAZING utility. Again, sorry you don’t understand this. Enrage increases the damage that mobs do to your tank. When pushing content, every bit of damage matters.

yeah except shiv also always applies the poisons to your target. Letting you aid tanks in kiting if you really have to lol. Just because it works for one week doesn’t make it god tier lol.

1/10

GD deserves better trolls than this.

7 Likes

First of all, on raging weeks, being able to remove enrage is god tier. I’m sorry you don’t seem to see the utility.

Secondly, using Shiv on non raging weeks is a waste of energy. Your crippling is always applied by the time kiting is needed. Plus, there are always other classes that can AOE snare anyway.

Good job then you’re admitting Shiv is also absolutly pointless in almost everything other than that one week of M+. So you’ve got one hyper specific time its ever useful, and 99% of the time its nothing.

So why have it? For that one week? Why not just remove the affix at that point, or buff the ability to have a purpose outside of that one very niche, very specific thing.

I’m sorry you want 50 buttons that only ever get used one time for one specific thing lol.