Why cost so much

Why does all the WoW services cost so much. 25 for a server xfer. 30 for a faction change. 55 dollars to move a character from alliance to horde on a different server. that same price of a whole new game. 60$ for a character boost. I don’t understand how they get away with charging so much money on a game you already pay a monthly sub for. I woulda figured that since we pay a sub that the other services would be a little more reasonable in price if not free. so basically since Im alliance and on a server that’s inactive during my playing time in order for me to get out of that situation I basically have to pay 60 bucks just to re-enjoy my game time. essencially being punished for having the schedule I do and the choices I made on making this character 14 years ago. seems legit…not

17 Likes

Small company in Indiana?

8 Likes

i don’t know, why do you have to pay for healthcare in the usa and call it health insurance

16 Likes

They claim so its to discourage people from using them a lot.

I think its because they know a lot of people will pay it so see no reason to change it.

15 Likes

I am going to guess because that is what people are willing to pay.

4 Likes

ok well all these rich nerds who don’t have real bills to pay need to stop paying that price so that at some point it changes. I feel like the 15 a month should be enough money that their getting from us to stay totally secure in their business endeavors

3 Likes

all people, rich or poor, pay the same bills as you do…what constitutes a ‘real’ bill?

12 Likes

I mean its bad enough that they promise all the allied races in expansion launch and then still hasn’t been unlocked like 6 months later. so we pay for a game that gives false promises and then charges arm and leg for other changes. I don’t see how WoW stays popular. I just came back and already ready to leave again

5 Likes

I’m not rich. I have “real” bills to pay. I can still pay for services when I want them. It’s called budgeting and smart saving. If you dont want to do that, make a new character on the realm you want in the faction you want just like anyone else who doesn’t want to pay.

13 Likes

its not that I cant afford the price…the point im making is that for what the service provides its not worth the asking price. you guys are all hung up on real bills statement which I was referring to meant that that type of budgeting should be spent on real bills and not paying 60 bucks to xfer a character over. literally that’s all u get out of 60 bucks? no gear added. no gold. no mount. no pet. nope just moving from one realm to another. a simple click of a button and boom $60 bucks gone for something that takes them little to no effort to do.

6 Likes

This promise was never made. You’ll never be able to find a page that says all Allied Races will be available at launch. It never existed.

10 Likes

They do it to discourage players from those services. They don’t want people switching factions, servers and such on a whim.

Also they never promised you the all the Allied races at the beginning and they only said you would have access to them.

9 Likes

This is a good question. A question for Bobby Kotick. He’s got a fantastic mind for milking money from a customer base.

4 Likes

It keeps some kind of consequence to your choices in game. Instead of being able to flip around between identities freely. You can change, but it’s going to cost you. Undoubtedly it’d be more profitable for Blizz to make them cheaper, but it’s not actually about the money.

And also technically you can buy all services with in-game gold via tokens. So if you’re low on cash then there is an alternative way.

7 Likes

ok well the allied race thing was a side note complaint that I assumed they would have been unlocked by now and not this far down the road. I don’t even care about the allied races since im a dh. however back on topic now… the price of the services are overpriced . if its to discourage the service from being purchased in the first place then honestly that’s just a weird business plot. maybe they can change it to where u have a certain amount of available transfers that come with the character when you create it or something a little more reasonable. I don’t know, obviously im not the mastermind im just saying I think the price is a little high and don’t see how ppl want to pay that much and how its maintained its price for this long already

1 Like

You can buy them with gold in a roundabout sort of way. That is what I do.

Use the gold to buy tokens on the auction house and then redeem that token for battle.net balance. You get $15 for each token. Many people have done it this way for years.

7 Likes

Because $60 isn’t a lot of money to everyone.

5 Likes

I honestly didn’t even know you could do that. ive never messed around with the tokens. I will try this route as I feel that’s more reasonable. thank you

2 Likes

:thinking: DH came in Legion…

7 Likes

well I meant that all my characters are on the same realm right now.

1 Like