Why changing The PVP system Would be good for the game

Hello everybody Couple things before I start I’m not the best speller but I am doing my best.

I’m not the most hardcore of the hardcore player but I certainly don’t consider myself a casual.

I played vanilla Back in the day Was Ina hardcore raiding Guild no But I was in a Guild and I had fun with the people I played with.

The PVP system as a whole is broken it’s not fun it’s mentally and physically exhausting and promotes nothing but boosting and unhealthy behavior.

And speaking from somebody that is doing it I am currently rank 10 working on rank 11 the contacts of this the idea is cool.

But in practice it gets out of hand the idea that someone would literally have to sit there and farm over 7 million honor just have a chance to get to grand Marshal is plain ridiculous unreasonable.

Depending on your server of course Asile anyone that has a job can reach this either and I think when a grind gets to that point it’s crossed A-line Beyond unreasonable I am not the casual player.

I pvp On average 7 to 8 hours A-day am I doing it 15 to 14 will know I can’t because I have a job.

Yes the PVP gear as good and that’s why I’m going for it I am a Warrior so it’s also all my best had slot in a lot of places.

And I know what everyone’s going to say no one’s making you do it well no not technically but you can and need to if you want to get the best gear you can not only that a good portion of the plate care in raids is Tanking gear.

I think that a blizzard dead 3 easy fixes It would be just better over all.

Fix number one Get rid of the 20% reduction This doesn’t do anything good for the community and it all it does is add unnecessary frustration.

Because there is nothing more angering then doing all that Grinding Just have something happened during the week or you can play and then not only lose your rank but have to farm more just get back where you were.

So I would say and I don’t know how many people would agree with me on this pre made or otherwise as ridiculous as this Grind is.

I don’t think 3rd needs to be anything else that makes it go longer than it already needs to be or if nothing else if they really wanted in their.

Make it so it doesn’t happen until you get rank 14 Because at the very least at least there that would make sense.

Fix number 2 Make an honor cap At a As a lot of people once said it’s a developer’s responsibility to protect players from themselves.

I think an honor cab as long as it’s high enough would be fine or say something Lake like OK you’ve gotten a million honor grads I think you’ve done prynted more than enough to get rank 13.

This would takes the problem Of bracket stacking and would help people get to the rank 13 and open up that competitive for rank 14.

A lot faster Let alone you won’t have massive huge overlays were yet keep rack it’s tacky and one little person messes it up and then everyone has to grind a whole ton more.

I would say a million honor is more than enough a million and that’s not easy to get to yes obviously this would depend on your server However.

A million as a huge and believable number and honestly if you get to that whether be through a pre made or otherwise I think you earned rank 13.

As for those people that would say well if they were to fix it now I don’t want anyone not earning their way up there I would say As someone that’s doing it now I hold no pride and those ranks.

I am doing it specifically for the gear that’s it and that’s why I’m doing it and it’s not fun and gets mentally and physically exhausting I don’t think wow I achieved this.

I just keep thinking how they God one step closer to being done with this horrible grind.

Which is a terrible way to feel Do I have fun sometimes but quite honestly have the time it’s just he feel so mindlessly it I want it’s almost mind numbing.

But again if they meet so the honor cap was a million for the week if you can get a million honor in a week that’s amazing I mean gold star Gratz.

And they one that’s got grand Marshal I have nothing but respect to but on the same end fundamentally the system was broken back then and it’s broken now.

That’s why I’m saying I think an honor cap would be one of the best fixes for that like you hit that 1 million honor 13 riot the batt.

As for rank 14 I kind of have the same feeling if you can get another million honor i think that should be the honor Cap.

Change number 3 Get rid of the once a week for grand Marshal and high Warlord I never understood why they did this in contacts OK it sounds can be cool but it makes no sense.

There are tons of generals and an army And army I understand the concept dub OK the best of the best but quite honestly the whole concept is kind of stupid.

I say once you get grand Marshal or high warlord you can be cares a thought Done you’ve done the grind you done everything you can do you got in the grand Marshal gear congratulations you’ve gotten it.

I don’t understand the whole prestiged because again most the time when I hear about it it’s not I earned this it’s I had a play 14 hours A-day every day for literally 3 months straight and it’s not a feeling of honor or pride it’s almost why did I do this to myself.

And it’s physically unhealthy to sit there out a chair for 14 hours A-day is just not physically healthy you can’t do anything outside of it not even real life.

Again that’s when I say a grind has gone too far in its clearly on too far I know it’s a part of classic but just because it’s a part of classic doesn’t mean it’s good.

So I think this would be a good change because I’m pretty sure we all can say The #NoChanges.

Has and always had the best result But if I were to say 3 changes that would fake said those would be the 3 best I can think of.

Now there’s a much more simpler answer and that she is bringing the currency system and and being done with it.

And it would solve a lot of other problems as As well.

Because I know the 1st thing everyone’s going to say well if AQ that no one’s gonna have a reason to run any of the MC raids and what not I disagree.

Yes the PP gear is amazing DPS care but it’s not your best and slot you’re still going to 1A farm MC for thunder fury at the very least and praised for benediction.

Are there going to be a lot of items that just aren’t needed gas but I would make an argument that places Like upper BlackRock spire and what not unless you’re doing the attunement people just aren’t going to want to run anymore.

I mean I can say I see it already people are advertising and chat will pay tanks 20 gold to come Run.

And on top of it they had a summon Now am I a tank well not necessarily and i do feel badd for them but on the same end there’s nothing in there for me literally there’s nothing.

It’s the same reason I don’t want to level another character do I want to will yeah but the problem is eventual I like her or not people are jointed need those filler pieces that Let upper BlackRock spire gifs I think you’ll still see Undead and live sterat.

If nothing else for the rap but my point is you’re just gonna get stuck here just not gonna find those groups unless you’re already in a Guild that’s doing that but if you’re a fresh 60.

You’ll have more luck finding an MC pug before finding an upper BlackRock spire pug.

I mean even me I know the last couple pokes that I did for of her BlackRock spire I never 10 man them they were all 7 to 8 if I’m being honest.

And I’m kind of happy I finished it when I dead because it’s kind of awful the triumph find proofs for that place now and it’s sad.

On the same end I would say what’s worse a player gained a 60.

Doing pvp And being able to at least hop and to MC with decent gear and maybe you only have a couple pieces to Chase after or getting 60 and just being stuck.

Because you don’t have the gear to get N to MC now well people carry you to a certain extent yes but not everyone’s going to get that lucky.

And obviously this does depend on your class as well And I know what people are thinking that’s not how Vanilla was.

Well I would wreak argument I cannot prove this I’ve done extent full research it says the PVP system was changed in the BC pre patch.

But I distinctly remember my Guild members complaining to me saying I Should pvp.

Back in the day after next ramis hit because my Guild was in a serious raiding Guild so we were actually still doing zg.

And I didn’t want to get them because well if I got them I never would have had a chance to get the main hand off of The last boss.

Selfish reasons I know looking back on that I just should have done a because those swords are amazing but.

That’s beside the point Anyway those are my reasons why I think the PVP system should be changed.

Or at the very least the currency system should be brought in.

I mean I’m on a low population server and UI every single time I hear someone bring up PVP it’s never a good conversation all it is is people are it’s gained harder and harder for people to get to grand Marshal.

Or high warlord I mean does it have to get so ridiculously hard to where it’s on a table on any server except the hardcore of the hardcore beyond belief where you have to play 20th hours A-day.

I mean again you tell me anyway just my opinion there and I would really like to know.

How many people would like to see the currency system put in?

And if not why I know my spellings not the best I am doing my best so I’m sorry.

Anyway Curious to hear what you all have to say please keep it constructive that’s all I ask

Anyway I hope you all have a good night and hope to hear what you have to say

… Wut? …

No comprende

I have literally nothing to do at work at the moment so, I read most of it. A lot of it was rambling but, here’s the major points he mentioned :

#1 - Get rid of rank decay.
#2 - Put in an actual honor cap.
#3 - Get rid of 1 GM per week.

I think everyone is in agreement with you here, my friend.

Unfortunately, we are almost in the last phase of Classic…so chances are the honor/ranking system will not change.

Good luck on your ranking journey though if you DO decide to push it.

1 Like

There is no such limitation

Sounds like a lot of tl:dr, in short either remove/reduce the ranking decay or use the tbc/wrath system where gears are purchased with raw unadulterated honor points.

The gear would be cool but how would they handle the titles? Remove them completely?

I know a good amount of people who have ranked or still are ranking in hopes of having the title come tbc

I don’t know what they did do to the PVP system. I gain about the same honor every week and have always gained in rank. I was 20% into General to Warlord but now I’ve lost 20% down to 0%. I’m about to lose my General rank and I’m pissed. I’m not playing shadowlands. I don’t even care anything about it. It would be nice if they would put the ranking system back to what it was.

Ranking system in classic has never changed. Learn about RP and decay

Sentences are not paragraphs. Learn to format your arguments or they will just get ignored. Presentation is a large part of discussion, if people can’t easily read your ideas they won’t bother with them.

Rank 12-14 gets much much harder. If you don’t drastically increase your weekly honor at that point it’s not a surprise that you’ll start losing RP. Those slots become much more limited and therefore competitive.

Pvp system was changed. There’s this thing called warmode now because of how unbearably toxic and degrading Blizz had thought their beloved game for which they don’t play has become.

They have long sense intervened to bring us this utopia of the after life of classic, a perfect world that everyone can explore in the Shadowlands.

pvp system in classic was always dumb everyone knows it. Just wait for tbc lol

lol sorry bro i made it about 4 paragraphs in. yeah the pvp grind to anything near like rank 13 and 14 are reserved for like the top 30 players on your faction on your server, with the grand marshal being intended to literally be one dude. so yeah, with these high population servers you will be competing against people who will be gaming the system, be unemployed, and will be grinding rank 14 like its their job.

1 Like

Was always this way in vanilla. If people want to kill themselves playing a game its their agency.

1 Like