Why can’t Dracthyr wear Armor?

Why?

As far as actual armor, there’s only a few pieces I think would have actual clipping issues on them.

Cloaks/Back pieces
2H weapons that are sheathed on the back.

Everything else could easily fit them. Even helmets. We have Worgen and Tauren out here warping metal to fit their odd shaped heads, Dracthyr could too.

Dracthyr could wear armor. It’s very possible if blizzard wanted to take the time to fit it to them.

Most of the pieces would be easy I would think. Gloves, boots, pants and chest would be pretty straight forward. The only piece I think might be tricky is the helm, but I think it’s very doable

1 Like

Not only that but when they were being used by Neltharion against the primalists, he was also developing weapons and armor for dragons and dracthyr alike. He had an entire arsenal stockpiled.

The issue is that the developers cut corners when they made the Dracthyr, because allowing them to actually wear armor would actually require them to put in the work to retroactively make all older armor pieces fit for their bodies.

TLDR: Laziness

6 Likes

Or time/cost constraints. Practicality isn’t evil, either.

The dracthyr model is unique. We have 2 decades worth of gear that needs to be updated to fit them.
Good news, though, they’re working on an AI driven solution to automatically adjust the gear when they create a new model.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Dracthyr use a female Worgen rig with a slightly tweaked model

2 Likes

I’m intrigued. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I can assure you they do not.

2 Likes

Same reason Hover takes you out of visage form outside of combat and doesn’t put you back. Or why shoulders and belts are shared between forms.

Because Blizz don’t want to put in the time to complete the race.

And I get that. And (I assume) most people get that.

Would have been nice if at the very least, their tier sets were visible in their dominant form.

The lack of transmog options is a gripe of mine, but it hasn’t stopped me from enjoying playing my evoker.

They do wear armour. All the time. That’s what those scales are.
Armour.

Lots of bad armor in the game.

Still waiting for those two shoulder designs that are still unused.
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/11sn9cm/hey_blizzard_can_we_get_the_two_shoulder_pads/

2 Likes

How do you know? I’m not being patronizing, I would actually like to know. I’ve never seen any posts or anything showing that the use a unique rig

Agreed, huge oversight on Blizz part. They should just delete dracthyr from the game and try something else.

1 Like

Same reason they have no choice in visage I’d imagine :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

They do use the same skeleton yes same sit animation and awful offhand sheathing positions :dracthyr_nod:

Nah they’re right they do fem Worgen Skeleton even has a tail bone that was unused so they either use the same skeleton or a modified one.

1 Like

Silly enough, I could assume we’re supposed to get Evokers like Demon Hunters. :thinking:

edit: Still think the Dracthyr themselves are neat. :robot::+1:

“Good news, though, they’re working on an AI driven solution to automatically adjust the gear when they create a new model.”

This is very bad news. Blizzard doesn’t need to be even more lazy, they need to pay an artist/animator to do the work.

They also wear nearly full plate and mail. You just can’t choose anything beyond two predefined options.