Why can't vulpera be druids but can be shamans?

You make some fair points, though I must say, the Vulpera must have had some encounters with demons from the invasion that just happened

I don’t understand why effort into more work is frown upon. Blizzard’s art team does a great job so even if it wasn’t now, I would wait for vulpera druid forms. Imagine how cute they would be?

Why make new Druid forms when you could make 4 store mounts instead?

3 Likes

Does this mean I get Worgen shamans?

Incorrect. When introduced, only Night Elves were shown to be druids, and this is how NE’s practised druidism. Your “supposed to be” is something you made up in your own head. It’s headcanon you’ve deluded yourself into thinking is ACTUAL canon.

2 Likes

Except, they didn’t always. When you pick the race and start playing off as a druid, you’re human without a trace of Worgen (As they feared them back then) and merely followed Paganism. Goldrinn was barely a figure they even knew of til the Nightelves came along to save them.

No Wild Gods. No link to the Dream. It was the shear reverence and teachings of their ways.

Night-Elf Worgen are. Human Worgen are not. The playable Worgen amongst the Alliance were originally human then bit or scratched or somehow made vulnerable to the ‘Curse’ or ‘Gift’ depending how you see it.

The origins of the Worgen were created by a means of unique practice of Druidism which later spread a curse, and later again using the use of the Scythe of Elune (Made from Fang of Goldrinn + Staff of Elune) and the Worgen that were already present or created to turn the tide against the Satyr of which they eventually turned on their allies too & were imprisoned by Malfurion in the Emerald Dream (They did not come from it).

They were not linked through the Drust, they were taught by one. Hence you’ve basically advised another method of druidism: Being taught it. The Horde have many druids amongst their ranks I’m sure would be more than happy to do so.

Once they’re corrupted, I’d hardly state they still ‘have a link to the Dream / Wild Gods’. It would had been destabilised & forsaken.

By lore standards are repeated through quests and Chronicles: Once can become a druid “Through their deep connection to life and nature”, so basically yes it’s “I love nature.” but on a high level.

Also, there’s 2 Wild Gods (Loa) in Vol’Dun so it’s not hard to imagine some amongst the Vulpera’s ranks have stumbled across one of them - stopped scavenging as they’ve taken a liking and become a follower. They’ve done the same with leaving Vol’Dun to becoming pirates on the high seas, so I’d hardly pass it up as a possibility. There’s multiple factors of how it could easily become possible and cannon.

Also, if Worgen can become Death Knights despite what was stated in Lore (How they were immune to undeath) then I’d hardly pass up Vulpera becoming druids down the lane with much of the possibilities stated above & throughout this thread. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

The Gilnean Harvest Witches are specifically stated by Blizzard to not be true druids. It wasn’t until they became Worgen that their connection to nature became strong enough for them to be considered true Druids. That’s because before then, they didn’t have the blessing of Goldrinn. Harvest Witches were not real Druids.

2 Likes

Lore-wise, we’re merely harvest witches at the start. That we’re lumped into the druid class is just a game mechanic. Even then, it used to be that we didn’t learn shapeshifting until after becoming Worgen. But when classes were all redesigned, gameplay sidestepped the lore again.

If such mechanics were totally accurate, they would have had to make a class we only used for 9 levels. Plus a separate Thornspeaker class for Kul Tirans, Sunwalkers for Tauren paladins, Forsaken priests would all be shadow, etc…

*eta- Wyrmstar beat me to it!

It’s not hard to put in some little detail of why Vulpera could be druids. I know making every race, every class can become lore-breaking but I think Vulpera could of made for some cool druids.

THAT IS if the friggin team would allow a glyph that let you stay in normal form like you can as Resto. I don’t like to look like a chicken or blue sparkles… and it’s a shame you can’t get more tints for feral.

2 Likes

@

I’ve edited the original post, but I wanted to post it down here as well for continued discussion. Thank you Apolloraza for your earlier post. I’ve summarized it and added some additional info in.

Other druid races such as worgen and kul’tiran didn’t start off with a blessing of a Wild God. In the worgen starting zone, as a druid, you start off as a human without the worgen curse/gift. The Gilnean worgen barely knew of Goldrinn until the Night Elves saved the Gilneans.

Gilnean worgen are not part of the Emerald Dream, but the Night Elf druids who practiced the “Pack Form” were from the Emerald Dream and couldn’t control it.

Below is from Wowpedia:

The Druids of the Scythe are a sect of druids who advocated the use of the Pack Form during the War of the Satyr. Originally calling themselves Druids of the Pack , they shapeshifted into a powerful yet unwieldy form that embodied the fury of the wolf Ancient Guardian, Goldrinn. They called this form the Pack Form, a form that turned them into wolves. Although powerful, the Pack Form tended to turn the druids feral. Malfurion Stormrage prohibited the use of this form because it couldn’t be controlled. However, the Druids of the Pack continued to practice the form in secret, but eventually lost themselves to the form’s feral rage.

While in the worgen form, the druids eventually lost their minds to its violent nature. Blinded by all-consuming rage, Ralaar’s druids tore through friend and foe alike during battle with the satyrs. Night elves wounded by the unruly beasts contracted a virulent curse that turned them into worgen as well. Malfurion Stormrage mournfully banished the worgen beneath Daral’nir in the [Emerald Dream, where they would be in peaceful slumber for all eternity.

For millennia, the worgen threat was contained until the day Arugaltampered with summoning worgen after looking into Ur’s research, calling them into the world to combat the Scourge but accidentally unleashing the worgen curse on Gilneas. Some of the worgen were also released from their slumber by Velinde Starsong using the Scythe of Elune. Some of the worgen at Talonbranch Glade have been there since Velinde summoned the worgen.

Likewise, the Nightbane pack in Duskwood are also night elven worgen.

Regarding Kul’tirans and druidism, quoting from Wowpedia again,

The Drust were a population of seafaring vrykul who some time after the Sundering settled on Kul Tiras. They mainly lived in Drustvar, but also resided in several areas of Tiragarde Sound and to less extent Stormsong Valley. When the human sailors from Gilneas arrived in Kul Tiras around 2,700 years ago, the Drust, led by Gorak Tul, waged war against the human settlers. However, not all Drust agreed with the war, and the druidic Thornspeakers left Drust society to side with the humans.

Vulpera do not need to be previously associated with the Emerald Dream to be druids. They can learn druidism.

Please allow the Vulpera to be druids!!!

Just tried on PTR and off topic but boy I can be picky but it feels weird playing a Vulpera in general. I don’t like Goblins and it keeps feeling like I’m playing a Goblin. A lot is the same just scaled down a little.

Whoever drew up some of the customization is ok but I’m having a hard time finding something that feels fun.

Because shamans approach the elemental and ancestral spirit side of nature whilst druids approach as a force of nature themselves. It’s a very different school of thought.

5 Likes

I just figured the shaman class fit their gypsy/traveler theme and that’s why they have it.

They can give them druids… but better put two more options for Alliance in first.

1 Like

They would be too cute!!!

So why can’t goblins, orcs, draenei, dark iron dwarfs, pandaren, etc, be druids? Why can’t night elves or worgen be shamans? That logic doesn’t work.

1 Like

Nature magic and elemental magic are similar but completely different.

Just because one race can be shamans doesn’t automatically mean they can be druids.

Gilneans had a group of “proto” druids whom used nature magic to help with harvests. Hence why they were called “harvest witches”. Basically worgen druids are harvest witches that got affected by the worgen curse. The curse amplified their skills with nature magic. They would learn to control their new heighten abilities with the help of the night elves. In fact, playable worgen druids were harvest witches as early class quests would imply.

Generations of teachings. Did not come out of the blue, like you want with Vulpera. Also the only thornspeakers we see use the playable KT model, which are implied my Ulfur to be decedents of the drust that chose to live alongside the Gilnean settlers. (Also since Kul Tirans came from Gilneas, it is reasonable that some of them could’ve been harvest witches as well)

1 Like

I think it’s a bit too late, they’re bending over backwards to make models for druids now, and the next 2 races seem to be finished

Because it’s a reach, shamans negotiate the elements, they aren’t explicitly nature wielding

Forces of nature which would destroy things druids like are fine by shamans

if feralas were suddenly overtaken by elemental fire and changed to be similar to searing gorge, shamans would probably just be like “aight, did you piss of the other elements? Do we need to intervene and settle disputes?”

Whereas druids I expect would have a cow about it

Kiro is a shaman and it’s less he loves seeds and is trying to get them to provide for his people.

Not going to lie I think the Vulpera and Mechagnomes were announced for 8.3 to give people more things they could once they finished up the 8.3 content instead of having to wait for 8.3.5 for more stuff. Thus adding druids to Vulpera would force Blizzard develop unique models for the forms and it’s easier to slap classes on them that don’t need an extra touch.