Why can't realm changes take place behind the scenes on connected realms?

In SL can we get all our characters on connected realms on one character select screen? Is it really necessary for us to manually switch connected realms? Why can’t we just pick a character on a connected realm and have the realm switch happen automatically behind the scenes? I mean, it’s the same difference.

If all our characters on connected realms were on one select screen we could arrange all our connected realm characters and would make it less annoying to switch characters. Sure would be nice.

1 Like

with how many connections they’d need to do to make dead realms playable at this point they should just hard invest in making it appear nicer

1 Like

This could be a good start.

Connected realms are so confusing at this point.

There was a time when each realm name really meant something. Now that there isn’t really any realm identity, they may as well make it less complicated.

probably some older legacy code they haven’t gotten around to futzing with.

how long did it take for them to figure out how to expand the backpack slots ?

1 Like

If the maintenance is for connecting realms, will all the realms be offline, or just the ones getting connections?

I wish they’d just do actual merges. I know it’s bad optics, but jeeze.

eh, some people would lose their character names if they did a true merge to one realm. I’d rather not lose the names i’ve had for years.

as for why they don’t just put them all on one selection screen, it could have something to do with the servers and code.

I do agree though. it’d be nice to not have to swtich every time i forgot which toon i sent something to, or every time a guild mate sent me something and sent it to the wrong Silvine. both have happened recently.

1 Like

If we had region wide realms the system could just let you pick from realms like you pick last names. Your “name” would be your first name, and its availability would depend on if any realm in a connected region has a free space.

With sharding and cross realm in place the idea of us separating by realm is pretty flimsy. #ConnectAzeroth

Detailed Arguments Here: #ConnectAzeroth - The Final Realm Connection