Why can't I name my pet "King"?

Discovered this today and found it odd.

I dunno, couldn’t name my polar bear snowball either ):

because you can’t have a title as part of a name, and King is a title.

2 Likes

Where does it say that?

Here is what we were told before.

: Rules Related to Usernames and Guild Designations.
Each user will either select a character name or allow the Service to automatically select a character name at random. Additionally, users may form “guilds” and such guilds will be required to choose a name for the guild. When you choose a character name, create a guild, or otherwise create a label that can be seen by other players using the Game or the Service, you must abide by the following guidelines as well as the rules of common decency. If Blizzard finds such a label to be offensive or improper, it may, in its sole and absolute discretion, change the name, remove the label and corresponding chat room, and/or suspend or terminate your use of the Service. In particular, you may not use any name:

(i) Belonging to another person with the intent to impersonate that person, including without limitation a “Game Master” or any other employee or agent of Blizzard;

(ii) That incorporates vulgar language or which are otherwise offensive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

(iii) Subject to the rights of any other person or entity without written authorization from that person or entity;

(iv) That belongs to a popular culture figure, celebrity, or media personality;

(v) That is, contains, or is substantially similar to a trademark or service mark, whether registered or not;

(vi) Belonging to any religious figure or deity;

(vii) Taken from Blizzard’s Warcraft products, including character names from the Warcraft series of novels;

(viii) Related to drugs, sex, alcohol, or criminal activity;

(ix) Comprised of partial or complete sentence (e.g., “Inyourface”, “Welovebeef”, etc);

(x) Comprised of gibberish (e.g., “Asdfasdf”, “Jjxccm”, “Hvlldrm”);

(xi) Referring to pop culture icons or personas (e.g. " “Britneyspears”, “Austinpowers”, “Batman”)

(xii) That utilizes “Leet” or “Dudespeak” (e.g., “Roflcopter”, “xxnewbxx”, “Roxxoryou”)

(xiii) That incorporates titles. For purposes of this subsection, “titles” shall include without limitation ‘rank’ titles (e.g. , “CorporalTed,” or “GeneralVlad”), monarchistic or fantasy titles (e.g., “KingMike”, “LordSanchez”), and religious titles (e.g., “ThePope,” or “Reverend Al”). You may not use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the name restrictions listed above, nor can you have a “first” and “last” name that, when combined, violate the above name restrictions.

Before what? I appreciate the informative post, but I’d like to know where you’re getting this from. The rules on name restrictions that I’ve been able to find are a lot less specific and mainly just say “nothing profane”.

Emperor is not allowed, but Empress is!

it was in either the old ToS or EULA before they changed it to the new battle.net one.

If you would like more info make a post in the CS forum asking about it.

here is a post I found in the CS forum

Continuing the discussion from Hunter Pet Name Issue:

Amusingly, it’s because of a NSFW term.

That I didn’t even know about until a GM told me. I had to look it up on urbandictionary.

Because apparently the first thing people thing of is a NSFW act, not… yaknow, spheres made of snow. Wat.

I tried to name my robo bear pet “Gnome druid” but it wouldn’t let me…

Gnome druids confirmed!! :smiley:

You could probably do it without the space.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I did… But spaces are nice :frowning: