Why can't I add a player? "Player not found."

Just did a good run in a pug. The tank says “let’s run more later… add you in my friend’s list.”

I try and add his name… I type 3-4 letters and it auto-fills his name (so I know the spelling is right, he doesn’t have weird chrs or anything). I hit enter “player not found.”

Why can’t I add this person to my list?

I’m not using Btags. Sorry. I hate that there’s no way to control Btag info. I just want to add the ONE PLAYER to my list.

Why doesn’t this work? To force us to use Btags??

1 Like

What?

Here is my btag - LadyA#1259 What info are you getting from that?

Maybe they were on a different realm than you?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if I add your Btag, I can see ALL your chrs. Anytime you log on, on whatever chr, I’ll know it.

Right?

I HATE THAT. I don’t want that. It shouldn’t work like that.

And there was a time when the Btag included your REAL NAME … and I’ve been skittish of it ever since, because I can’t see what’s on the other side. How do I know it still doesn’t work like that? I don’t know what you’re seeing when I give out my Btag info.

It’s a TERRIBLE system

No.

In fact - here, look - I have well over 100 toons. Try to find mine with my btag.

I’ll wait. I’d love to have someone make a list for me, because I don’t even bother keeping track of all of my toons. I have too many.

Also, RealID is NOT btag info.

I really wish the misinformation would stop.

Please read the first post of this thread here:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-world-of-warcraft-forums-should-use-battletags-as-well/1537617

1 Like

Was he on Alliance by any chance? I’ve had issues before with trying to do pretty much anything with an opposite faction if they weren’t in my group. I’ll get the same message of “Player not found”

Than be discord friends.

You can hide your RealID in account settings.

:panda_face:

2 Likes

That’s my secret Cap. I am always tagged as offline on btag!
You’ll know some of my toons, but I hardly ever appear as online, so unless you have ALL of my 60 alts friended, yeah, there’s no way you’re knowing when I am on at all times.

Blame Blizzard.

You’re acting like I know better… like I took a class and failed on purpose or something.

This info isn’t INTUITIVE. It’s not explained in game AT ALL. The initial rollout was TERRIBLE and they never did anything to make it better.

So… if you want the “misinformation” to stop, now’s your chance to be an ambassador, but you can start by not coming off like you’re talking down to me.

Just… you know… do Blizzard’s job for them. For starters, I’ll read that link you posted. Thank you for that.

But sheesh. Stop pretending like this info is something everyone is taught in school and we should all just KNOW it.

Punch in the name-realm format. Fully. Don’t let it auto-fill or anything. Alternatively copy-paste their name/realm right the right-click feature.

Yeah, cross-realm stuff bugs out like this.

Dude… what are you even talking about? I provided a link to a post that has information. And you’re sitting here, popping off for no reason.

Ya know… Just be better than this. Be better.

1 Like

You mean the part where I said THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING THE LINK???

edit to add my own words:

“For starters, I’ll read that link you posted. Thank you for that.”

Thanks for proving my point. Here’s a mirror. Take your own advice.

I get this constantly like why?