Why can't DK's be Allied Races

This is the problem. If they don’t fix it, an entire class will be forever barred from being any new Allied Races.

In an older Q and A, Ion mentions that they intended to give Allied Races Hero Classes as well, his example being Death Knights to Void Elves, but there was a problem to do that they needed to revamp the entire DK starting zone which they did not have time to do.

3 Likes

It’s overdue for a revamp anyways.

1 Like

Thing is…Blizzard could just update the DK starting zone to be Bolvar themed to include additional races.

it does not need a revamp.

Allied players have come to expect our chars starting at 20 make no sense.

The peasant/vendorr/etc goes hi void elf.

Hi peasant…umm, how do you know what I am? See peasant I don’t exist yet. I won’t until varian, garrosh all die.

Omfg our loved and current King Varian died…

Yes…horribly. Fighting the legion on broken shores.

Peasant goes dude…now I know you are trolling. the legion is not here bro. Ands I hear rumors of overlord garrosh leading the horde assault in northrend assault.

55 start to be a DK…can’t be worse than this crap really.

5 Likes

Ion literally said that Allied Race DKs are coming next expansion, but they didn’t want everyone rolling DK for the heritage armor.

Selective continuity

Heritage Armor it seems.

It’s funny. One of the new NPCs added in BFA is a Dark Iron Death Knight.

And out of every Allied race, Dark Irons make the continuity sense to be a Death Knight.

1 Like

Ion can you help us out?

WHY CAN’T DK’S BE ALLIED RACES
Because actualy they are a class, and not a race.

I’ll prefer human male paladin as allied race.

You must not have paid attention to the DK quests in Legion. The only reason the player was able to rez the four horsemen as through their artifact and power given to them by the Lich King.

No they weren’t, void elves only began appearing once Alleria returned. to guide them

Not on Azeroth though.

Not on Azeroth

2 Likes

Good morning, can DK’s be allied races yet

Because Blizzard said so

1 Like

The important aspect is that it happened at all, which means a single line of dialogue is all that would be necessary to explain how it’s possible, if they even bother to explain it in-game at all.

2 Likes

Bolvar got this. You need to chill.lol

1 Like

Bolvar rezzed me, not that traitor Arthas #NotMyLichKing

1 Like

It is because they start at 55 and heritage armor. I’m guessing though… based on some dialogue in Legion and BFA that Wrath 2.0 is coming with Sylvanas as the new villain. At that point they could allow them with the caveat that as they are DKs they do not get the armor.

That would work for me.

:cookie:

1 Like

It’s possible that they might add DK to the class list of ARs that make sense for them later on down the road when most players who care to get Heritage Armors already have them. They will probably disable unlocking heritage armor from leveling Hero classes as well when/if they add them.

Yeah I’d rather be able to be an allied race with no heritage armor than not be an allied race at all. It is not fun to watch everyone else be able to enjoy all of these new racial abilities and not even have a chance to access any of them.

They shouldn’t of brought in allied races without making that distinction to begin with. Honestly I’d want to make nb or ve dh’s just because their extreme exclusivity to just 2 races. I’d also want a lfd dk to rp with just for the extra drama it would bring.