Why can't DK's be Allied Races

Any race can be killed and resurrected, can a blue please explain why DK’s aren’t able to be an allied race?

Just think about all the race change money you’ll earn the company and investors.

14 Likes

Mostly concerns their presence at the time of Wrath. The DK starting zone is locked to a specific time period, which is before the Northrend campaign began. The general gist of the prisoners you kill during the quests is that you were a hero who died in or near a Scourge-infested area prior to the Ebon Blade being unleashed upon the Scarlet Enclave and the Argent Dawn at Light’s Hope. This requirement alone immediately excludes races like the Nightborne, Lightforged, and Mag’har.

Dark Iron and Zandalari are the two ARs who could fit this. Dark Irons are the more likely of the two, as they were active in vanilla/BC around parts of the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. Zandalari were active around Zul’aman and seemingly were in parts of Zul’drak, both areas close or filled with Scourge, but the time frame for Zul’drak is just a bit iffy because I’m not sure how long the Zandalari were there observing the Drakkari trolls. But some wandering Dark Iron could easily have gotten caught up somewhere. Kul Tirans too for the same reasons as Dark Iron.

I’m not sure about Highmountain Tauren. I don’t see a reason why there couldn’t have been some who decided to go off to sea but I don’t see why they would bother going either.

Void Elves are edgy enough as is.

40 Likes

All of this. ^

Wait till the Wrath 2.0 expansion and I’ll bet they come up with some long and involved questline and rep requirements to unlock the ability for AR to be DKs.

Although the barrier will be what level to start them at.

3 Likes

Kul’Tiran and Zandalari should be able to be DKs.

3 Likes

by blizzard devs reasoning:

“allied races came after the events of Wrath and werent around to be made DK’s by LichKing.”

2 Likes

I can’t speak for the other races, but for the Dark Iron Dwarves, I know that they used up their allocation of the letter D’s in their name.
Consequentially they cannot be any class starting with D.

3 Likes

We got sylv rezzing whoever she wants. Lets make it happen folks.

Yeah… it’s because all of these complicated lore reasons and not because Death Knights start at level 55 lol

20 Likes

They don’t want you skipping the work on the heritage armor. This could be fixed by simply making it so hero classes can’t unlock the heritage armor and only core classes can.

8 Likes

Don’t know why people whant this. Dude, I want to feel a bit special, I don’t want every frikin’ race to be able to DK.

7 Likes

There were Zandalari in Zul’drak fighting the scourge during the invasion in Wrath.

While Kul Tiras wasn’t officially a part of the Alliance, there were still biological Kul Tirans among their ranks.

Dark Iron Dwarves don’t have much of an excuse, but surely there were a few of them out fighting the scourge.

One of the most famous orc death knights is a literal mag’har orc.

Let’s make it happen.

7 Likes

They could just have allied race DK’s be injured and agree to be changed by one of the new Horsemen while on their deathbed. Allied race DKs could then either start at level 20 just like all other AR classes (need several pop-ups notifying players of this), or let them start at 60 and block them from being used to unlock heritage armor. Doing it this way they could use the existing allied race starting areas with just a slightly different intro narration that explains “you were mortally wounded while fighting the Horde / Alliance, but at your request you have been given a second chance to defend your people, this time as the newest Death Knight of the Ebon Blade.”

This would be a low cost solution, and it would open the door for any and all future races / allied races to become DKs.

4 Likes

All DK players were raised by Arthas. We killed Arthas. No additional races can be DKs because of this. Nobody in the Ebon Blade is powerful enough to raise new DKs.

You must not have played a DK in Legion.

16 Likes

wonder if with the inevitable wrath of the fiery lich king if they’ll use that as an excuse to allow dk allied races of some sorts

But the races being discussed were definitely around enough to qualify for DK status via the LK.

Dark Irons were around.
Highmountain Tauren were around.
Void Elves were around in a pre-transformed state.
Lightforged Draenei are being created from regular Draenei, who were around.
Mag’har were around.
Zandalari were around.
Kul Tirans were around.

The only one that wasn’t was the Nightborne, as they were under their bubble.

1 Like

I mean with all the xp boosts available, I’m not sure why it would be such a problem to start @ 55 and still be able to get the heritage armor.

Being available to every race was originally one of the things semi-unique about DKs until Pandas were introduced. In Vanilla only Warriors were available to all races, which was no longer a thing in BC because Blood Elves couldn’t be warriors until Cataclysm. So all through WotLK DKs were the only class available to all races, and they remained available to all races until MoP.

Void elves - Didn’t exist yet, no blood elf DKs would likely be interested in studying the Void to become void elves
Lightforged, Nightborne, Highmountain, and Mag’har - Not around when Arthas attacked
Dark Irons, Kul Tirans, and Zandalari - Probably should have DKs, but don’t for consistency

Also this. Core races having hero classes and allied races not having them keeps the two groups unique.

5 Likes

It’s neither fair nor fun to exclude hero classes from the new races. It makes it very unfun to be unable to partake in the new racials and cosmetics that come with the allied races and I’m tired of being excluded.

4 Likes