Why are they not continuing with the flight whistle?

itā€™s literally the only thing that made it playable while not having flight the last few expansions.

but Iā€™m fine with no flight whistle as long as there is no flight.

1 Like

It is because it was fun to use and it saves time!

1 Like

Think thatā€™s a problem as well, there is no longer any sense of traveling far away and exploring unknown, dangerous and distant lands. everything is 11.5642 pulls from a flight path.

4 Likes

Not true in systemland zones.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s actually a pretty good observation.

When I think of all the old maps. (EK and Kali) Yes those maps do seem bigger in a sense and definitely not as compact. Still the flightpaths were definitely spread out and not as many.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/everything-an-indirect-path/623391

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/oribos-flight-paths-causing-motion-sickness/609305

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/flight-path-maps/612432

When systemlands goes live and people find out that the maps have extreme vertical scale, few flight paths and no flight whistle they are going to flip.

I have my seat and popcorn ready. :chair: :popcorn: :dancer:

13 Likes

ohhhhhhhā€¦

So they double downed on the High Mountain, Naz, Argus designsā€¦

Some of the most god awful annoying zones in the game to quest level throughā€¦

Starting to think this might be a level cap and out expansion. Or maybe for me like SWTOR, couldnā€™t even make it to level cap.

14 Likes

Yeppers.

And it is worse because the flight paths are more scarce, less world quests in general and they take longer to finish.

I guess having less world quests and having a weekly cap is a positive. But the downside is that the world quests are the same you see in beta as they will be 2 years from now and they are now long and tedious while not rewarding.

Their model for systemlands is very close to WoD. Raiding, M+, etc is back as the only game in town.

At least there is no grinding for AP but the downside is that there is not much content for players that do not do M+ or raiding.

Personally speaking grinding for AP isnā€™t content but going back to WoD raid or die isnā€™t the answer either. :100:

8 Likes

Geez, I never played horde before I had Pathfinder in BFA. Running around that freaking pyramid would probably have gotten me to quit.

Pretty bad that SL is going to be just as bad. How do these devs even pretend to think that making it horrible to get from A to B because of terrain and trash is fun gameplay?

9 Likes

Thank you for making my morning. This made me lol very much! :laughing:

1 Like

Goblin kit gliders for the win.

Yeah it seems that current designers donā€™t respect player time or even zone/city design.

Look at BC shattrath how friendly it was to navigate. Systemlands central hub is going to be a pain to navigate in comparison. :+1:

7 Likes

If you donā€™t enjoy the time you spend on WoW and find it fun then find a new hobby to dedicate your time, energy, and money too. This is a video game, why play it if it isnā€™t fun?

Sunk cost fallacy and a dopamine addiction from loot box sounds. Why do you play?

10 Likes

Because itā€™s fun. If it wasnā€™t fun Iā€™d find something else to do with my time. I refuse to allow a hobby, especially a video game, that I donā€™t enjoy take over my time. Iā€™ve got better things to do than subject myself to hobbies I donā€™t enjoy.

1 Like

So dopamine as well eh? Cool.

4 Likes

New fight paths induce motion sickness. This is going to be really bad. :+1:

2 Likes

I guess Iā€™m just happy that itā€™ll be excellent timing to get to max, see how it feels, then just buy a PS5 and play that instead if SL goes as expected.

2 Likes

There it is. Never a criticism against wow or Blizzard in your posts. Everything is perfect in wow right?

10 Likes

Iā€™m a very casual player, i love the easy mode of wow for daily life. I donā€™t mind the difficulty when iā€™m in the mood. If Shadowlands is a PITA, this may be it for me. Just like I didnā€™t play all of WOD because I hated it. Gladly take a long break. Love the game, but not how the current developers see it.

6 Likes

God forbid not spending your time, energy, and money on a hobby you donā€™t like and constantly run down.

I guess.