Why are stress tests done during the day on weekdays?

I know a person that knows a person that knows this other person. But dude, I also cracked the secret to life. But I cant tell you unless you give me a beta invite :wink:

Also Sakaar didnt get his streamer prio to log in to the stress test please help him!

Have a good day and stress test! Ty

Those poor, poor keyboards.

anyway to get an insight into what blizzard is working on?

the authenticating / dns servers seem really smooth- handling the q quite well. (again)

now stuck on “logging into game server”

are there new “mega” servers being tested / implemented?

does this have anything to do with testing out the layering (phasing / sharding) servers?

any info would be great

Frozen after a 0 que straight login… many attempts. Still going! Cannot login to game server
Got char screen 1 time
Almost pooped myself
This is a joke

Blizzard HQ is in california, it is currently 3:15pm in california. The dev’s like most people go home at 5pm-6pm. If they are at home they cant run the stress test, they cant monitor the stress test to see what needs to be fixed…

If you weren’t invited or were but can’t participate because you are working, here’s how things are going:

Last stress test, I could never get past character creation, because it kept timing out. The blue post on today’s test explained that due to those issues, they scheduled today’s test so that they could get beyond those issues from last time and finally test what they wanted to test last time, stuff like layering.

But with this stress test today, I can’t even get past “Logging in to game server” so from this poor dumb cow’s point of view, the test is failing at an earlier point than last time. And logically that would seem to indicate we’ll get another added stress test day to hopefully finally be able to stress the layering tech.

Yet for now, at over half way through today’s test, it seems like things have not just failed to progress but have actually perhaps even taken a small step backwards.

Maybe like last time, we’ll have a 24 hour period to eventually get in and do stuff and raise toons from level 5 to 10. But I’m not even sure that will be possible.

In short, you aren’t missing much except your own stress and the guilt of knowing that the real victims are yet again, the poor server hamsters.

/moo :cow:

2 Likes

Yes yes, I realized this as I was asking it.

But, I still wanted to post it.

:woman_shrugging:

I just want to contribute to the community by looking for bugs, sadly I can’t do that being stuck at work. But since servers are stressed out, then I guess it don’t really matter anyway : [

1 Like

OK, the Queue is real now. 20 min and counting…

1 Like

You mean except for all the adults who work evenings, weekends, and other odd hours?

You mean like… developers do? :rofl:

But yeah, the server is open for 24 hours for us but the tests are done when they can observe them without overtime.

The servers are being stressed during the stress test.

And people are surprised by this.

This is why the aliens never visit us.

3 Likes

Yes? I mean, blizz doing it during business hours allows them to not work overtime and possibly get more done (depending on when they go home) as opposed to going home immediately after the test is done. It’s simply logical.

Can you maybe just leave the server up for more then 24 hours. some people have to work and i’ve only been able to level one character to 10 and would much like to try out different starter zones and quests please and thank you.

No guarantee you’ll be able to do that

If logical is your basis then you have to take the fact it is a stress test and not a regular beta server. They’re more concerned with pushing login and world servers and layering to their breaking points than us finding bugs. And I understand the frustration. I was on the login and creation screens the entire time that first stress test. Yesterday I got in and sat through the disconnections. You do understand you’ll spend half your time logging back in to wait on the world server to come back up right? I got 4 levels using the character I created right before the last stress test ended. The druid is now level 8 and I lost progress consistently due to disconnects. But again the purpose of this is to strengthen the servers by learning their breaking points. Therefore, the level you or I hit is irrelevant.

3 Likes

It’s not a beta. It’s a test. You’ll be able to level when the game comes out…

It’s almost like a stress test if intended to force the servers to work their hardest and break.

2 Likes

The fact this is required is sad. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thats funny. lol

But I’m at work too!!!