Why are Spirit Beasts so good?

Don’t get me wrong, I love my psychedelic cat. What’s not to love, he has damage mitigation, a passive HP boost, can heal me or him, and even has that techy shock.

I was trying to keep my mechanical theme together but I’m so in love with this thing it’s silly. I’m glad mana sabers at least aren’t rare, I was unsuccessful at even seeing Loque for over a week then I broke down and picked up a purple cat. And a blue one. And the “more rare” indigo one. I like the purple one the best I think.

So now I’m just like “why would I use anything else?”

This character is only a few weeks old and I’ve been out of the hunter game since BC. Is this normal and should other pet types be buffed in some way to compensate? Ferocity still has hero and leech for soloing I guess but cunning is looking pretty terrible, and unfortunately that’s all mechanical pets so forget my thematics I guess.

Still gonna catch the red scraphound in mechagon (or the one in legion), if only someone wasn’t beating on him 24/7 that’s still my favorite looking pet so I do want them all.

If you’re a hunter and you don’t have a spirit beast, I think you might just need a spirit beast. Powah!

1 Like

The best pets in the game right now ARE SBs and Clefthooves/Scalehides(non-bm). It’s alright if you just like using them, it’s your preference.

2 Likes

I want to use a Robot pet for my hunter, but they are all cunning, and that sucks. Leech and Lust are hard to pass up.

Everyone says go with a spirit beast. I like using the Chimera thingies from WoD. They are ferocity, they have a ranged slow bolt, and they have a funny looking AoE thingy.

I am not sure how effective that AoE is. But when I’m fighting alot of stuff, its fun to watch him run around breathing blue breath on everything.

I should get a spirit beast of some sort. I am trying for that fox in Dustwood but it has eluded me. So I might just pick up an easier one.

3 Likes

Chimaeras’ aoe used to be op, packing a punch when used, but it’s weak: alike in lacking previous abilities, I want Hunter pets to be buffed or reverted to like they used to be with much utility and/or more uses than just two or three options of what to play out in the world.

1 Like

Cunning is good for PvP and ferocity pets with damage mitigation cooldowns are better tanks than tenacity pets.

Spirit Beast is nice for that heal and purge though.

1 Like

I tried him before I moved on to Loque because I thought he’d be easier. I was wrong though, I never saw him either. I’ve actually never had luck seeing any spirit beast that wasn’t a mana saber, good thing I kind of like them best out of all, despite not being rare.

Took my vulpera 3 days to get lightning paw.

I made camp near the graveyard and checked every few hours.

1 Like

Yeah my Hunter became a Vulpera the day Vulpera were released. He has his little camp at that graveyard. But no luck.

I have not tried server hopping to lower populated servers or stuff like that yet. I suppose I just have not had the luck.

I suppose I just need to get some easily obtainable spirit beast and join the spirit beast party.

2 Likes

It only took me a couple hours to get Lightning paw, granted I was early to get him.

1 Like

Perfect pet for a Vulpera. Didn’t know he hung around the graveyard, I might need to look some more. I really hope with shadowlands being kind of spirit-y they make more common spirit beast options than just manasabers. Love me some manasabers, but more options that don’t involve camping would be welcome.

I only went around the bushes and looked for the eyes. I don’t know about a specific graveyard spawn?

1 Like

Yeah I did the same with no luck, I just assumed he spawned all over the zone based on what I read.

There’s a few bushes that are said to be common spawn points. Like a bush by the outhouse, a bush by the road, a bush a bit south by another outhouse, and a few more around the graveyard.

Most guides I checked out mentioned the same 6 or so spots as frequent spawn points, so I check them out periodically.

Yeah. I would love for my Vulpera to have that fox pet while I ride my suramar fox.

1 Like

If you want easy, get a mana saber from Suramar. They’re basically always there.

https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=saber2_blue

There’s also a spirit raptor that spawns in Orgrimmar. The item that spawns him has a long spawn timer but it’s only ever in the one place.

https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=raptor2_lightning

2 Likes

Or you could get Magria, the SB that spawn on Mount Hyjal. She’s debatabley easy to get, either sitting around or killed/tamed.(looks like the Winterspring cats)

1 Like

Bear in mind though that it has a mechanic where it kills you if you wear armor. I am also pretty sure that it has a long spawn time. I think that the earliest you can tame a non-rare (or at least has a VERY short spawn timer) Spirit Beast are the porcupines in Pandaria. You do have to get them low on health to be able to tame them and will kill you if they hit you, but the green one in the Jade Forest is easy as you just have to slow it, damage it, and keep running around the log.

2 Likes

Getting the panda one was a b.

I kept killing it. Had to take rez sickness and use a crappy bow.

I got rez sickness and took off all of my armor, then punched it.

2 Likes

The most difficult tame I’ve done was that stupid flying SB in Hyjal. I had to get rez sickness, punch it and hope i didn’t kill it and then make sure I Disengaged just before hitting the ground.

3 Likes

I accidentally killed her once or twice in a single day. :sleepy: