Why are PvPers so dense?

I cannot stop seeing people who are dinging 120 and then hopping straight into Bgs with full greens on. Do you have any idea how senseless you gotta be to sit there for 20 minutes waiting and not just go grab all the free gear that is LYING AROUND? I got my priest to about 425 almost immediately.

It is mind boggling that Blizz does not have an iLvl requirement on BGs. Must every aspect of PvP be so infuriating?

1 Like

Random BGs are serious business

12 Likes

I get your feelings here, yo. I think this behavior is a side-effect of the training that PvP is a loot source based on quest completion. Even though it happened before in the earlier years of this game, people generally treated PvP like it’s the thing you gotta come into ready to fight.

2 Likes

Your wow age is showing.

1 Like

Imagine doing casual PvP for PvP gear.

The audacity…

9 Likes

The OP’s position isn’t unreasonable. I get it, PvP gear should come from PvP, etc. I’m in that same camp.

However, that isn’t the game currently. If you freshly ding 120 in your leveling gear, and queue up a random 120 BG, you’re gonna be dead weight. Random BGs are team based play games, on something like gilneas or warsong where it’s 10vs10, the fact that you are sub 100k HP is going to be more dramatic.

Asking for consideration of the other 9 players that you’ll be paired with isn’t outlandish. But yes, world quests suck.

Open the group finder and start a Rated BG group with a min ilvl. Randoms are for everyone. Geared or not.

12 Likes

It’s not mind boggling. Any type of restrictions or filtering leads to longer queues.

1 Like

Taironn, it appears you need to step into higher levels of PvP, like Rated Battlegrounds or Arena. Regular BGs or casual PvP is, well, casual and is not meant for truly competitive play.

Find a couple of friends, set a standard on your group and i’m sure you’ll find more enjoyable PvP.

2 Likes

RBGs? You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

7 Likes

I’m 412 and running only WG+DWG for the final four BG achievements I need. I don’t even get RNG lootboxes lol D:

People in randoms are more toxic lately :joy::joy:

If all you want to do is rando BGs, It’s better to be a fresh 120 Horde side. Why? During those long que times you can do all the silly PvE stuff that will dramatically boost your ilvl.

You can do the same as alliance. Just do emissary and queue after. Might still get in quicker than horde.

I mean I just entered bgs on my arcane mage who is still questing gear. Didnt stop me from top 3 damage or stealing bases in the AB. Get over it. Gear or not just play. It isnt rated.

Sure. However, from a time management perspective, you know the Horde wins a lot more these days. A fresh Horde 120 can do the essence a and cloak BS while waiting for BGs… seems more efficient…plus you avoid the mind racking frustration of dealing with clueless Alliance. (yes there are newb horde but much lower likelihood to encounter them consistently)

That Top Hat is DASHING!

1 Like

10-15m BG queues are 5 mins, not long enough to do the two hours cloak pre reqs quests.

There are just as many noob Horde as Alliance. I say that from 15 years of experience and playing both sides.

Double agent!

O.O

I acknowledge your experience. I promise you, alliance is much more afflicted with noobs and That is the crux of the difference, good sir/madam