Why are most warriors running roar over spear?

Why are most warriors running roar over spear?
just took ~2 month break, did i miss something? spear get nerfed? it was 50/50 after 10.0.5, now i don’t see any arms warriors with spear?

roar got buffed and is 1m cd

2 Likes

my bad brother

1 Like

I think the influx of spear trades available is making spear near useless.

For one, most teams have a ret or warlock atm.

So you have bop, spellwarding, and gateway
And the occasional priest with barrier

On top of that, it’s not like SL spear where there was access to the cd reducing conduit, so it’s stuck as a 1.5 min cd, easy to counter burst cooldown.

6 Likes

yep thats what i was saying when i started playing it. every spear is counterable in this meta

go kite my bleeds!! lol

2 Likes

It’s seriously funny how many tears have been shed over spear, no matter how many times you list off all the ways players have to just immune it. Theoretically a very strong ability. But it really falls off when people actually GASP learn to play against it.

2 Likes

havent really played since ret got buffed in arenas but i play spear. i like spear because it forces cds. still does

but ret might make it a lot weaker idk

Given the nature of it, it’s still an insanely strong ability. It’s far more effective than any cooldown in the past has been at keeping someone in place outside of full on CC. Compare that to Ursol’s Vortex… Only pulls the person back once, and doesn’t do any damage to them. Your spear keeps them there indefinitely outside of like, 2 classes, while also doing a pretty hefty amount of damage attached to the same global.

Spear is definitely a viable option, but your choice in running it is going to depend on what you’re facing. Bleed built definitely has its advantages. Personally, I switch between both of them.

1 Like

I really debate myself on switching to it because of this but roar is just sleeper damage that makes people feel comfortable enough to hold CDs then they pop to late and their team gets behind.

Both get countered at higher mmrs ofc

We’re also missing a ton of what druid kits have at their disposal. The context of the kit matters and it’s silly to try and compare to abilities as if they exist in a vacuum.
Yes, spear is good when it works. God forbid warriors actually have any meaningful level of utility outside of tons of damage to contribute to set ups. The problem is how feast or famine it is, half due to classes that can just leave and half due to the number of glitches that plague the ability.

??? You guys get spell reflect, disarm, a 50% mortal strike that does insane damage, shattering throw, intervene, an undispellable aoe fear, a spear that locks people in place, an undispellable slow, an interrupt, duel to reduce damage being done to a healer, a banner to reduce party wide cc by 50% and increase their speed…

Like seriously, what are you even talking about right now.

2 Likes

nah roar is just damage idk never killed anyone because wow roar happened

i reguarly delete people in a spear if they dont respect it tho

2 Likes

Probably because ret can just counter the spear and everyone is a ret.

1 Like

Banner, duel, disarm, ranged stun, intimidating shout, piercing howl, berserking shout.

3 Likes

yeah dude duel, my favorite cooldown for setting up kills.

1 Like

You literally were complaining about not having utility outside of damage setup, and now you’re making fun of the utility you can offer to a healer as not being good for setting up damage. Make up your mind as to what you want to complain about.

Well that’s just general utility but intim shout and stormbolt are both useful for setups. Warbringer also.

lots of these are choices/pvp talents that some you can’t even have all of the ones you listed. lol

Did I say you could have all at once? No. Do you have a hell of a lot of options for utility if you want it? Yes.