Why are Malefic Cores still gated for catch up?

So it’s all fine for people who are caught up but for anyone who isn’t instead of just spamming out visions to catch up they just are behind for who knows how long depending on what level they are already at. This is a bit ridiculous being alts say if they just got to 120 today and you did the assaults and stuff. Your going to be months behind. Since we only get what like 3-4 Vessels a week. So why in the world is the cores gated for people who just haven’t gotten around to spend vessels too 1 per full clear a week and 1 coming from nzoth. This makes absolutely no sense like I have over 10 keys on my main but I’m at i think 59 Resistance at the moment. And this is just 1 of my many characters who if I wanted could go well past 15 but would gain virtually nothing from it. To be fair catch up for cloaks needs to get better on top of this subject because like i said itll take months for alts to catch up if they recently or now or in the future if it is left as is stays which is just dumb. More keys for people to catch up and let cores drop until they catch up to whatever the total max cap everyone is at right now is.

Not sure why It put my character as one of my random alts but meant to be on my main