Why are guild bank interactions so slow?

Is this a bug? Trying to sort the items in the guild bank takes a while. Hoping for a clean up feature on the guild bank like you have for bags and bank, it would be incredibly helpful.

It is intentional, guild banks in MMOs are notoriously insecure and the cause of many duplication bugs. You must build them to be very methodical and secure or people will find a way to break them. Imagine the nightmare of building a storage container in a game that 100 remote clients can all interact with at the same time. There is engineering challenges there that are not obvious.

Personally I think the background way in way in which guild banks work is a bit like character storage. Which also has a slight delay when agreeing between two characters.

I was just doing the math a bit right now and the total amount of bag space (for everything) that a character can have is 698.

• backpack 16+4 = 20
  • (4+7) = 11 bags between the character and bank that as of right now can have 36 slot profession specific bags equipped = 396 slots
  • 1 default free bank space = 28 slots
  • 1 reagent bank = 98 slots
  • 2 void storage tabs of 80 each = 160

Bringing the total up to 702 possible storage (but not entirely free of where to put what) on a character. Compare that to 784 slots for an 8 tab guild bank. And that’s an 82 slot difference.

Yeah a bit long winded but it wouldn’t surprise me if the reason for why stuff being moved around being slow (besides to prevent dupping) was because the framework was based upon storage for our characters. Which in itself when trading with others obviously has a delay (and thus anti-dupe mechanism) going on too.

Bring back guild leveling.