Why are elite sets restricted to the season?

If I can earn 2k now, why can’t I buy past sets? Pvp is only getting harder for newbies with how much burst each expansion adds. Why can’t we buy older sets like we can buy saddle mounts? No one seriously sees a pvp set and goes “wow, that person made it to 1800/2k, they’re so good at pvping!”. Give the transmog people their fashion, but make them work for it. 50 games after 2k would be more than enough to prove they deserve the drip.

18 Likes

haha

41 Likes

oh no. general discussion is here to play with its bull

32 Likes

Because if you are good enough now that doesnt mean you were good enough then and those sets were to shownyou had achieved that level of skill at that time.

We would all love to go back and buy the t2 s11 set for our paladin alts but some of us werent good enough at pally in s11 and shouldnt be able to wear that badge.

11 Likes

No, those sets showed you played at the time. You gonna argue that “only the elite” were able to get scarab lord? lul

9 Likes

i’m gonna lay it to you straight here. the general consensus on this forum in regards to elite sets, gladiator mounts, and any unique seasonal reward is that it should remain as exclusive, seasonal content. some people disagree, the majority do not.

you’re not going to convince anyone that has this opinion otherwise, like myself. you’re also not going to convince blizzard either as they were also firmly against mage tower appearances.

so you can either give up now, at least on this thread, or waste your time arguing with people that will think you’re entitled.

the choice is yours.

26 Likes

So if someone isn’t parroting your pov then they shouldn’t post here? There’s a term for that.

8 Likes

Just get gud

5 Likes

no i’m just saying you’re going to be wasting your time arguing for something that the majority of people here do not agree with, nor does blizzard. i can see blizzard relenting to mage tower, but never to pvp exclusives.

again, the choice is yours. how do you wish to spend your afternoon?

3 Likes

All 12 of you.

2 Likes

have fun with your evening on the forums then lol

2 Likes

blizzard will never hear your cries

2 Likes

lmfao

19 Likes

Wotlk, Cata and s12 elite stuff was 2200

There were seasons in Legion where only 0.5-0.9% overall players qualified for an elite set, which is almost as many as have gotten gladiator these past three seasons.

It could be something like 75 wins after 2100 (or 2400?) to earn a token that can be redeemed for an old elite set, limit one token per character per season.

3 Likes

oh this is gonna be good!!

1 Like

Cata was when the game died and wotlk was right before it. Those don’t count as real seasons.

What

19 Likes

What would this even have to do with old sets?

Pvp was easier at any point before this now, even if you’re a degen with no self respect and are playing Hpriest, any lock spec, or a hunter.

casually omits warrior and ret somehow

9 Likes