Why are be being forced to choose what era to play in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idHMbyOSFm8

Litterally pumping all my gold into boosts for a tbc character so I dont have to deal with this.

I think Blizz hosting a few (not like how many we have now) Perma Classic Servers IS the best option. I don’t want to take my PROGRESSED Classic Char OUT of BC, onto these Perma Classic Servers just for it to be deleted.

Good quality content takes time to develop. Rushing product out doesn’t mean it’s good quality.

Doesn’t make it “bad” quality to take the easy road for mechanical stuff rather than the hard one either.

As this thread approaches Reply #450, Joyson has more comments in this thread than the second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth highest participants combined.

And, if Blizz took the time to figure out a way to have progressed characters in both versions, we would have them. Alas, we don’t. IK I’m going to receive “it’s not possible!”, when anything logged IS possible. It’s obvious Blizz doesn’t want to take the time, and that’s OK. Let’s just call it what it is.

Anyway, I’m not particularly happy with the decision, but it is what it is. Rushing BC out for the sake of it, I don’t particularly think is a smart move. They can dial it back and work on EVERY LITTLE detail before trying to send it out. So, it’s all opinions, ofc. I don’t think it’s necessarily “good”.

I agree that this was the “best” decision to be made, in trying to rush out BC, but I’m content to wait it out, so they can work on handling BC better. Because we can ALWAYS do better.

Have you perhaps thought of the scenario where it’s not about time, but about principle? That Blizzard doesn’t want two exact copies of characters (however short that is) and prefers that people make the choice for their singular character, rather than having both.

In no way is TBC being “rushed”. It’s coming just in time actually.

2 Likes

I don’t see how that’s a “principle” but alright. If that’s what they want to do, that’s what they want to do. Still doesn’t change the fact, that I don’t particularly find it to be a “smart move”.

They probably felt similarly about Classic, and you saw how that worked out for them. Their “principles” don’t have to match, but if they’re losing money because of that decision…it’s because it’s just not a good decision :woman_shrugging:

Thank you for your opinion. Like I said, it’s all of our opinions. I feel that it is being rushed to appease those who want it and screwing over those of us wanting progressed characters, in both. That’s all.

You get choices and you’re still upset? They could’ve just not given you Classic servers at all once TBC rolled out. Cloning was never going to be a thing, they never even hinted at it in the poll, it was a community idea rather than a Blizzard one.

2 Likes

If you keep your current character on a classic forever realm, how is your character being deleted?
You are calling it deletion, if you have to transfer over to a new realm that will be classic forever while the realm you are currently on progresses through TBC?

I don’t thing the word deleted, means what you think it means.

2 Likes

Because you’re deleting the existence of that character from said server. Let’s stop playing semantics here :roll_eyes:

It’s entirely on them if they want to make it, for the first time, that you have clones of your character. And potentially they decided they did not think it was appropriate for an RPG. It doesn’t matter if you think it’s smart or not, if they’re losing money or not, as at the end of the day the main reason you think this is that it is a decision you don’t like.

How is it being rushed to appease the majority of players? If it’s ready, it’s ready. And we’re seeing dwindling populations right now because there’s nothing to do, and going to an eternal P6 realm will only make that worse.

Again, this is solely your opinion because it negatively impacts you. You want the best possible choice for yourself, regardless of everyone else’s opinions. Maybe it’s time to play a different character in Classic. Otherwise, you’d have played the same character this entire time.

Also, again, we have no idea if it was, “rushed” resulting in the inability to clone characters, or if Blizzard made the active decision not to allow clones and it wasn’t a time thing.

1 Like

No one said they did. It’s possible they’ve been working on it the whole time Classic has been out. They said “figuring out” making Classic work was the first goal, and possibly making TBC work would be something they’d look at. They probably started immediately. It’s likely there was no “rushing” at all, but that, yes, this was the “easiest” way to get from point A to B.

Sometimes in programming, there are two ways to two the same thing. One is elaborate and fancy but takes up a lot of cycles, but another is simple and effective and gets you what you want much fast with fewer resources. They might be taking the second one here.

Or all of that could be wrong and with everyone talking about having new servers in Classic, they figured they’d give the “Classic forever” people the new servers, probably in part so they won’t have 30 servers that are half empty, but instead will have like 5-10 that are mostly full.

There’s no evidence to show this has been “rushed”. In fact, the evidence shows they’ve been thinking about this for quite some time.

2 Likes

I don’t think this is true at all. The problem with copying is that it “cheapens” the value of the character.

People are going to be more likely to play the era that they’ve saved their main character to…

That’s the point. If I can just copy my character, then maybe I spend more time in TBC than I would on the classic forever servers.

I think Blizzard wants people to make a time commitment one way or another. That strengthens the community in each era.

The TBC community and Classic communities will be strengthened by this even though each would be “smaller” due to less overlap of copied chars.

Cause dev team hasn’t learned from their mistakes

The reason doesn’t really matter. Only the outcome. Which is if the money trail doesn’t benefit Blizz, they probably shouldn’t do it. That’s all I’m saying. IDC if they did it for the funsies, the lols, because they hate us, etc. It doesn’t matter. The only thing that matters is the OUTCOME of that decision. Which is why the opinions speaks for itself towards the decision making. Some like it, some don’t, and if Blizz wants to stay in business, the “majority” opinion is what matters the most, period.

Exactly as I said. It’s not complicated to understand.

I’m sure it’s “ready” for those that are satisfied with said result.

This has NOTHING to do with wanting Copies for BOTH BC AND Classic. This is only the result of people that just aren’t interested in playing Classic long term and that’s fine! There’s nothing wrong with that.

So is the stuff you’re spewing out. It’s ALL of our opinions.

Not JUST me but OK :slightly_smiling_face:

I want the best for EVERYONE. I don’t understand how wanting copies for BOTH versions of the game is impacting your dream of having a 60 in Outlands to play with, when BC is release AND a PROGRESSED character in Classic. Tell me how that’s a negative impact on YOU?

I would advise this same “advice” onto those who only stick with one character. But, 1) that’s not why I don’t like this decision, and 2) I have more than 1 60 and more than just 1 character. I don’t even Raid that much nor PvP. I like to level in Classic (and BC)…imagine that :woman_shrugging:

I don’t just stick with ONE character. Maybe others do, I don’t.

I don’t think Blizz is incapable of cloning all of our characters. They have ALL of our data/information. It DOES take time, and I’m going to say that it’s rushed. You don’t have to agree with me, and that’s fine. You’re not going to change my mind on that.

Either way, doesn’t matter. Only the OUTCOME of said decision does. Do you not remember the OUTCOME on their decision to NOT give us Classic, initially? :thinking:

I’m not going to play semantics. You’re not going to change my mind that I feel it was rushed. Period.

Doesn’t change my mind that it’s rushed.

Which I get and understand but was hoping they would deal with that later or consolidate at a later time.

Again, this is all of our opinions. IDC if you don’t agree or do agree. I’m going to say that it was rushed. Don’t agree with it and move on. NOBODY will change my mind on that. Disagree and move on.

So this is all about your “feelings”, not about anything else.

Good to know. I’ll be ignoring anything you say on the topic from now on.

And no, it’s not based on “opinions”. Them working on TBC was something even THEY admitted they were thinking would be a good project even BEFORE Classic was fully launched.

2 Likes

This is basically every post by Piper ever.

2 Likes

If they open TBC progression servers you can transfer to and leave current servers as classic forever, you will have many servers that will be ghost towns.
It’s better to have people that want a character on classic forever to be together to have populated realms.
It’s easier to logistically accomplish from Blizzard’s end.
The existence of that character isn’t being deleted from vanilla classic the game.

I’ll just agree to disagree with you because how your logic works is just really different from how my logic works.

This is my thought.

Classic people seem to complain the most about “empty” servers.

Having people that WANT to play Classic transfer to, and fill up, NEW servers (more of which they can open at will as need arises) eliminates the need to “merge” or “consolidate” servers later.

This way, the Classic servers can be “full” (ish) on day one after the TBC launch.