Why am I unable to make a new demon hunter?

When I’m in character selection, i’m able to create a new character for everyone, except Demon Hunter. For Demon Hunter i’m only able to do a 110 trial… I don’t want to do a 110 trial, I just want to play as a demon hunter. I don’t want to have to pay for a boost, when I could just play as a 98 demon hunter anyways.

Why Blizzard, do you just try to rob people of their money non-stop? You already took 120 from me, wouldn’t let me change realms even though I didn’t know you had to be on the same realm as someone, and now you’re trying to get me to fork over even more money? This is a joke, your game is already overpriced for how many bugs it has, and I’m tired of not being able to just play the game.

I’m not paying for a boost to be able to play as a demon hunter. This is a joke.

There’s a limit of only being able to create one demon hunter per realm.

So if you already have one on the realm, you can’t make another.

I’m assuming that might actually be your issue.

5 Likes

You need to have a level 70 or higher on the realm in order to create a Demon Hunter, Camachoxix.

You don’t, hence why you can only access the Class Trials.

8 Likes

That’s stupid. I literally bought this game a week ago, and didn’t know that I needed to be on the same realm as my friends in order to be in the same guild as them. I literally only play this game with my friends, but they won’t transfer over the characters that I already used the boosts on. They basically want me to spend 75 dollars, after I just spent 120 dollars to pre purchase Shadowlands, just because I made a noob mistake.

And now you’re telling me I have to grind another character from 0 to 70 in another realm just to play the character I want? this is a joke. I’m not mad at you guys for helping, but you would think Blizzard would at least give me a discount on transferring my characters over to the right realm. I literally had a friend do the same thing, and they did it for him, but for me they said they couldn’t do anything? Wow, never spending that much on this game again.

Wait a couple weeks, the restrictions on Demon Hunters are going away with Shadowlands, likely with the pre-patch. And that’s already on background download.

4 Likes

I’m sorry for the frustration, Camachoxix. I’m surprised your friend didn’t let you know when you originally joined that you needed to be on the same realm.

Even so, you can still play with them if they invite you to their group or vice versa via the BattleTag or RealID system. You just cannot join their guild unless you are on their realm or a realm connected to the same realm.

We do try to help when we can, but much of that is conditional, usually time sensitive. If you had reported the error soon after making it, we may have been able to help but it looks like it was about a week after. Sorry.

The Demon Hunter is considered a hero class, so it has some conditions at the moment. I should note that you only need a single character level 70 or over. You could transfer a single character over, instead of both of the ones that currently are eligible for a transfer.

Sorry again for what frustration you are experiencing with this situation.

6 Likes

How is a week too long? I’m literally a brand new player, and didn’t even talk to my friends until now about it. I was mostly just running around doing quests. This is an absolute joke. I used all the boosts that you gave me on a server that I don’t even want to be on, and I’m not going to pay 50 bucks just to transfer them, after literally spending 120 dollars on this game. You’ve got to be kidding me.

Just to lay it out there: Blizzard isn’t going to give you a discount to move your toons because you made a mistake. They’re not really at fault for your friends not telling you what server they play on. More to the point, no one will be able fix this mistake for you because someone feel they’re entitled to something cheaper when others had to pay full price outside of sales.

5 Likes

You’ve been playing with your friends for a week, and the fact that you created your character(s) on a realm other than the one they play on just never came up?

I have to wonder why you waited a week to try to rectify the mistake.

8 Likes

I never said I played with my friends for a week… I said I had been playing the game for a week, literally just doing quests and random normal and heroic dungeons… because my friends had told me to get gear to play with them… Then when I actually did, they said I had to be in the same realm as them. Sorry for being new. I still don’t understand how a week is too long when it’s my literal first time playing. Seems like you just want to rob people of money.

It’s unfortunate that your friends didn’t explain it to your properly but usually with mistakes like this, it would need to be reported immediately as in right after making the mistake. It’s very time sensitive otherwise people would abuse it.

For example, people would pay for transfers for example thinking that they could try out a new realm for a week and then move back if they want or move to another realm etc. I can think of a lot of different situations for the paid services where a week-long grace period would definitely be abused :frowning:

You can always just start a new character on the correct server for free and then get your friends to help you level up quickly. Nobody is forcing you to pay for a transfer.

12 Likes

So I found out a friend of mine in Classic was in this really cool guild on Retail. I paid for a transfer and a renaming (cause I wanted René instead of my old name). Then I had to buy a token cause I forgot to get some gold from my other characters on my old server. Oh well, I still love Blizzard and the chance to play with friends!

1 Like

No, i’m sorry, but I’m not forking over 50 dollars after I just paid 120 dollars for this game. Sorry you got robbed, but i’m not doing that, and i’m not going through the boring process of levelling a character again. I already did that the first week before I knew about this, and I’m not doing that again. Starting at level 1 is the most boring thing I’ve ever done in this game, and I’m not doing it.

Blizzard, you are a joke. I don’t get how you do a transfer no problem for my other new friend, but for me you’re just like "nahhh, you’re gonna have to fork over another 50 along with the 120 you just gave us so that you can enjoy the game with your friends. You can love getting your money stolen from a company that honestly doesn’t need it, I’m good.

Think of it this way. I’ve been playing since 2007. Purchased the base game and majority of the expansions for more than they’re sold for today.

Why should you get what you demand, to the exclusion of veteran players?

That is a very bold, and grossly incorrect, statement - Blizzard is not in the habit of stealing money.

I get you are a new player and didn’t realise, but policies are in place for good reasons.

As previously stated, time is important. There is a massive difference in immediately reporting the issue, and waiting a week or more.

I’d be more angry at the friends not advising you beforehand that you had to be on either the same or connected realm.

10 Likes

Theres double xp atm, start a deathknight on the correct server, take an hour to level it to 70 then make your demon hunter

12 Likes

I thought you were new to the game? Only a week old account no? It would seem to me that leveling a character might be a great way to learn more about this new game for you.

8 Likes

That is entirely up to you. Keep in mind, to do what you want to do, create a Demon Hunter, you only need one character level 70 or higher. So you could transfer a single one, if you didn’t want to level the character yourself. Alternately, you could create a Death Knight, which would give you a little bit of a jump.

Or, you could wait until the level restrictions are lifted for the Demon Hunter.

I’m sorry you felt so, Camachoxix. From what I can see you leveled to 39, which is still fairly early game. With Shadowlands the leveling experience will be a bit different, but what each person finds fun is really up to them.

I couldn’t say, I’d have to look at your friend’s situation.

With that said, Camachoixix, you do realize that you have a ticket still open, right? It is entirely possible that your request is being considered. Keep in mind that your realm is currently undergoing a Realm Connection, which means all character transfers are disabled until it is completed.

4 Likes

I would say that something like this wouldn’t apply to a “Veteran player.” Seeing as you’re a veteran, you would already know about the realm/guild issue I’ve literally been talking about.

I, on the other hand, am not a veteran player. It’s not like when you start up the game, there’s any warning or anything about having to be in the same realm as someone to be in their guild, so your argument really isn’t valid at all.

I’ve been playing the game a week. I’m not trying to fool anyone into a free realm change, I just want to be in the same realm as my friends. Honestly I’m just going to quit this game, because I didn’t know the rules of the game. If a company is willing to help out one new player, but not another, then that’s a joke, and I’m definitely not going to fork over any more money to this company.

Levelling up a character from level 1 is literally the most boring experience in the world, and I’m not doing it again just so I can make a demon hunter on a server that my friends are actually on. I’d rather watch grass grow than do that again.

Ask your friends to help you level at least.

That’s unfortunate, but that’s your decision.

2 Likes

No, my request is not being considered. I re-opened another ticket after the first one got denied, because it is an absolute joke that you’ll help out one new player, but not another. I literally just want my Warrior transferred over to Sargeris, so that I can play a demon hunter. I’m not doing another grind from 0 to 70 on a character I won’t even play, just to play a Demon hunter. You’ve got to be kidding me.