Why am I getting saved?!?!?

I zone in to Ulduar 25, see that a boss was killed. I zone out IMMEDIATELY and DO NOT CLICK the accept dialog and check my raid log - not saved. I look back again in 5 minutes and find out I’m saved.

What the $%*# is going on Blizzard?!?

3 Likes

that sucks, OP. :frowning: i hope it gets fixed. i lost weeks before because the raid was on wrong size.

Yeah thats not normal at all. If this is an actual bug, hopefully it gets fixed so it doesn’t become an exploit to get people locked out.

That’s really bizarre and incredibly frustrating. Hopefully something Blizzard will fix soon. Blizzard fixing anything ‘Soon’ is unlikely, but here’s hoping!

Small Indie Company

2 Likes

The small Indie companies are not pleased by this shameless comparison…

5 Likes

Yea for real, there are some good small indie companies out there.

“ Your issue is number 1,456,765. Your expected wait time is, 127 years.”

5 Likes

I didnt get to do 10man ulduar week one. I zoned in and my keyboard died. Logged out to try to fix it. Couldnt get back online.

Got locked to the run, never even started FL event

2 Likes

Have you tried zoning in with a different group? Back in classic vanilla as well as classic TBC you would randomly get an ID zoning into a raid but it could change. It was like a soft lock. Maggy was the big one I remember.

I wouldn’t want to potentially save a group to a failure ID because i’m not selfish or a sadist.

This just frankly shouldn’t be a thing. I think there’s something bugged with how it calculates towers. I know if someone kills a tower while you’re still in group it saves you, maybe it’s doing that calculation even after FL is dead on zone in and just saves you without selecting the dialog option.

To be clear, at the time I was also the only one in the instance and I left within 30 seconds and did not click the dialog option to accept.

Blizzard. Please fix this.

There is a display error that can occur too. I had one of those, zoned out but it still said I was saved… relogged and that ID was no longer listed.

I checked back today, same ID listed.

Just make a group with someone, turn it into a raid group of the size in question, and zone in to see if anything is dead. The other person won’t get saved if they don’t zone in. You can even do this with an alt if you have both accounts or with a little help from someone else if you are that worried about getting someone else saved.

This happened to my pally last week in a 10man, incredibly annoying.

Small Indie Company

I had the issue happen, but it was a visual bug. I actually wasnt saved to a run despite the UI telling me I was.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.