Why all the Void elf hate?

I still think it’s going to happen :person_shrugging:

That the Void Elves are going to wind up as trash fodder antagonists in Midnight I absolutely believe is going to happen. It’s just far too convenient for them to be the bad guys with the set up as it was presented to us.

That there is going to be a group of, “Good,” Void Elves who didn’t join the Knaifu Cult, I’m less certain about. Wouldn’t surprise me if Umbric moped in the background like Baine throughout all of Shadowlands about how it was such a bad idea to meddle with the Void, while Alleria is out there probably as some kind of Dawn Elf after eating that crystal in TWW.

1 Like
  1. I don’t see that much hate for VEs so I’m not sure what you’re referring to.
  2. Their lore is bad. However, they could allow Ethereals to join the Alliance or perhaps be a neutral race, so they could potentially be based.

Void elves, likely made outside Umbric’s group, have been enemies with most void based forces since we came to be.

Truth of the matter is that they’re void aligned elves. So some will be on that side. OUR group (Umbric and Alleria’s) though won’t be.

1 Like

theres a thread about void elves leaning more into the void aspect. i feel like that would dispell allot of the hatred if they became what they are meant to be.
insstead, this is a bandaid over a bullet wound that is the highelf community.

1 Like

You mean this one?

Shameless self plug. >.>

3 Likes

never be shamed for having such a great post

2 Likes

i think once midnight comes velves will be more appreciated. their bit of lore just sucks. imo they need more customzation, more tentacles, less baldness and NEED void paladins.

the dumbest thing about them was removing paladin. like why? just change their gfx abilities n call it void knight or just could had gave high elves and made a tiny bit of a story and called it even.
blizz does things the hard way idky.

1 Like

Yeah but you can make them look like Tolkien/Alliance elves. The purple and tentacles is optional so I dont understand the anger. Most of the reasons Ive heard so far are moot because they opened up the void elf character creation options. Ive seen allot of void elves looking like badass Alliance stereotypical Elves blonde & blue eyed decked out in PvP armor. As far as the lore/storyline, it doesnt matter considering warlock lore :upside_down_face::wink: does it?

You mean Belves don’t have the city and their culture that the Helves that still call themselves Helves abandoned to be with humans? Even the name change was to honor Helves killed by Arthas, the Scourge and the Legion.

They have all the claim.

6 Likes

Research your lore better, if the high elves came from the Night Elves (remember after the Sundering NE society split naturalist vs arcane, the arcanists left) and found the Sunwell, fought the Trolls, founded Silvermoon, then joined the Alliance THEN renamed themselves (not an actual RACIAL change) “Sindorei” aka “Blood Elves” but then some took off with Alleria across the cosmos to fight the Legion and came back infused with the void & a rename… im not sure where the confusion comes from about what High Elves are supposed to look like :upside_down_face: :man_facepalming:t5: :rofl: :v:t5:

The city would be an interesting aspect to discuss about it, but I have always seen two major discussions point on AD with this:

1. Gameplay-wise, they are High Elves turned Blood Elves. Fashioned in red now.
  2. The game does not reflect the old ways with the Blood Elves anymore, so who else is qualified to be called “the High Elves” but the remnants on the Alliance?

It’s generally accepted on that server, that the Blood Elves are the new paint of coat, while the classic WC2-fantasy being an Alliance-thing. And this was even more cemented with the many Quel’dorei-RPers, who went straight for the critical hit. Ever since Silvermoon has seen a drop in activity on the server.

The game will lose more players if it gets rid of factions. And people trying to attribute this to racism is weird and off. Seems like manipulation. Especially since similar or same races exist on both sides. It doesn’t work out, even under the slightest of scrutiny. But that’s typical for arguments in bad faith.

Give people the option to go neutral. Let them have new, neutral cities. But keep the other alignments. Give people choice. Removing everything takes the choice from others over a bad argument meant to force people to not share their real opinion and shut down discussion.

It’s not segregation in context of story. You just don’t like that you can’t have your way and destroy the fabric of the game.

2 Likes

The old ways always had to do with living in our own city, not amongst others and practicing arcane magics.

Rp servers are someone’s made up lore for their own characters, not official game lore. They could make themselves out to be a koala for all I care. That’s their business.

3 Likes

Lol, the fact someone is claiming that other people are racist because we like the faction divide and not having to share everything with the other faction is a major stretch like all I can say about that is yikes and big yikes at that. :scream: :scream: :scream:

1 Like

They apparently aren’t aware that many cultures do not practice cultural sharing to protect against erasure. And that removal of factions is closest to erasure. Give more choices, sure. Don’t erase anything. They’ll still have to deal with chosen alignments based on game lore history. That have more to do with politics than race. Oh the horror!

3 Likes

That’s more on Lorthemar. He could’ve made a reasonable proposition to the Void Elves like “Hey we can’t allow you on the Isle or anywhere near the Sunwell but we can build a settlement in the Ghostlands or w/e” but nah he basically handed another super powered race to the Alliance.

1 Like

Why would he do that and take risk after all the history with the well and it being destroyed twice? Why can’t they build their own city with the Helves that don’t want to live back home?

I love playing my Void elf…soon they will allow us to be Paladins. lolz

1 Like

There are no Void Elves made outside of Umbric’s group. We have no lore to indicate that more Void Elves are being created, that they have the means of re-creating the ritual that transformed them, or that Alleria has even taught a single High/Blood Elf how to master the void.

This circles back to what an atrocious race this is in terms of lore, that one cannot even adequately define the race itself. Is any elf whom wields the void a, ‘Void Elf,’ like Alleria? Or is it just those transformed in the Telogrus Rift that one time, in circumstances that are not proven to be repeatable?

Going to wait and see. Wouldn’t be surprised if just the PC canonically avoided succumbing. We’ve already seen all the other Void Elves give in already (Visions of Stormwind), including Alleria.

3 Likes