Why 0 word on transfers?

Most likely they are waiting to see if this holiday weekend queue spam gets people to spread on their own.

Step 1: Receive multiples notices queues will be very long on certain servers.
Step 2: Make character on those servers anyway.
Step 3: Admit own mistake, but demand someone else pay for it - expect transfer for 3 day old character.
Step 4: Profit

15 Likes

If they need more players on any server I will willfully transfer

Thats where the “communication” part comes in. People would shut up about these things if they communicated. Because as far as I and most of the community know, this is a great idea and they have not considered it at all and it will work. It would literally take a 1 min blue post to just say “we’ve considered it and it won’t work because of X reason”.

So last week I was for this - but I gave in and just rerolled. Its a pain mainly caused by “name reservation”. If you can get your names elsewhere youll get back to where you were quicker and its better for the longevity of the game to have servers organically populated.

That being said, months from now if they do still face the same issue - free transfers locked between specific realms and delayed character creation could be a fix.

There hasn’t been no word, you just don’t want to hear what they said.

7 Likes

Step 1 follow their warnings and move to a low server before launch

Step 2 log into your server on launch day when all of them have a 10k que anyway not knowing which will end up being high or medium pop

Step 3 ask blizzard to transfer us off these full servers as they have added over twice as many servers since day 1

Step 4 run into trolls like you who think we are all on Herod.

4 Likes

You could have stopped at step 1 if you would listen to most of the people. A ton of us DID switch. I switched off of Whitemane. Still stuck in 3 hour queue. How can you possibly say this is anyones fault but blizzards?

1 Like

Because Blizzard doesn’t think it’s optimal to let a million people transfer in every direction, simultaneously, level 10-15 characters that can be rerolled again very easily.

There’s also the fact the every single server save for 3 of them that have 5k+ queues past noon, anyway, on top of that. Too many people are screaming for transfers without thinking about the repercussions

This has never been how server xfers work for population purposes. Educate yourself before you make an opinion.

No they wouldn’t. They’d carry on until the problem goes away on its own or they got what they wanted, just like they always do. A pointless debate would ensue in which Blizzard would state their reasons and players would scream that Activision is pulling the strings to inflate the stock price or some nonsense.

Blizzard has learned that they’ll communicate on their terms when there’s something to communicate. The days of GC hopping in to get verbally shat upon are long gone; you guys spoiled that for everyone.

3 Likes

I wish people would stop blatantly lying about this ‘all servers have a 10k queue.’. It isnt even vaguely true. It wasnt even true on launch day in prime time.

The longest (and only) queue Ive been in all week (after work, in the evenings, every time) , was 800 people and lasted 8 minutes on launch day.

Most of the servers are fine.

The absurd claims only serve to undermine your own arguments

Thats for “paid” server transfers later on down the road. In what way is this related to my topic? I’m talking about free transfers off of full realms to spread people out. You know, the realms that they told us to switch to which are now full. They launched with FAR too little servers at the start and they need to fix that. Every server they launched with has a massive queue. Let us off of those servers WITHOUT having to get rid of our 5-24 hour + work already. Thats why no one is leaving.
And to cut off the response “make a new character or transfer”. No. I’ve transferred where they said already and still got screwed. I along with others have invested time in our characters and can’t just restart because we don’t have endless freetime.

Laughed hard here :'D

I wouldn’t count on seeing transfer until there are super low pop servers that need to be merged/closed.

Part of me hopes they do open free xfer from big servers to smaller ones, just to see how many players forgo the service.

I’m not convinced a ton of players want to leave the popular realms, they just hope others do.

1 Like

IDK about everyone else, but I will 100% transfer off of mine. This was a server I was told to move to in order to AVOID ques.

1 Like

This is something that has to be calculated and done intelligently. Making knee-jerk decisions based off of generally uninformed forum posts would be an objectively terrible idea.

I would 100% transfer. I also don’t have a TON of work in my character, just enough to be annoying. Its mostly because this start has split up my core group of friends. Part of them were able to log on early with 0 queue and have 24+ hours in their character and refuse to leave because a full day of work is a lot to abandon. The others work all day and haven’t been able to get on at all and are switching to various places. Its split up a lot more groups than just mine and I know a lot of people would all switch to have one cohesive server and, you know, be able to play an MMO with all of your friends.

Because it’s going to be a Paid Service six months from now…
Blizz has to get their micro transactions somehow…

1 Like