Who's keeping their DH as their DF main?

I love mine, so I’m keeping her. I’ll roll with whatever punches come my way. How about you?

5 Likes

DH will always be there for me if i need it. A good fallback.

But ima try Evoker in dragonflight, it looks fun, i still get horns, and i can still glide. Heyoo!

Also i look at their talent tree and see several builds i might enjoy, as opposed to DH where there is only one, and it’s stressful to wonder whether the only playstyle you enjoy is going to be poop or not every tier. Like i’ve been doing this entire expansion.

I love my DH and ima keep playing him, I have… “Faith” that Blizzard will improve on the talent trees, but the general lack of communication thus far with just Shadowlands in particular is unforgivable. Were bottom of the S4 overall… And yet, we still don’t get it addressed, hell were second to bottom on the boss list? I think? Either way, it needs something, because the higher the gear level everyone gets, the further behind we get, and this is not fair to us.

Interesting. Not that I raid, personally. However, the Icy Veins rankings for season 4 DPS list Havoc as 9, out of 24.

Where is that graph from, and do we know which is correct. For that matter, do we even know if those particular DH’s were trying or afk-ing?

that came straight from Icy-Veins front page

That’s weird. The one on their dedicated page is different. I can’t post links, so append this to the base url…

/wow/dps-rankings-tier-list

1 Like

Rank changes depending on the players you review.

Against Heroic and Mythic wanna be guilds/players we show better because the person playing makes a difference more than class/spec.

When you isolate the review to only the top percentage of players, assuming that top DPS = top play, we see that given the same full on effort that Havoc’s kit doesn’t keep up.

Warlocks ain’t at the top because they’re played by teen age prodigies.

1 Like

I try to play other, better classes but I can’t put DH down. It’s the most fun I’ve had in the game in so long. I don’t care if I’d be better playing Blood instead of Veng, anything instead of Havoc, DH is my passion… And now they’re doing all these changes, bringing back old things I loved, make combinations I couldn’t before. Seems like things are gonna liven up!

6 Likes

Season 1-3 this class was omega bad. Maybe the worst (not talking about pvp).
S4 - it’s hands down THE WORST.
And clownZZARD barely touched it for the WHOLE addon.
Random in everything, astronomical cd, no burst, AOE CAP XDDDDDDDDDD.

Soooo… yeaaahhh…

Keep your hopes high but don’t expect much.

If it’s bad in beta 10.0 - it’s a big chance it will be bad till the end of time.

But, yet again, if you don’t raid at all - I meeeeaaannn… like… do whatever…, no?

I’m waffling between Feral, Ele and DH for the stupidest reasons.

Feral is hard to justify with the current lack of updates to a quite terrible talent tree. Plus I feel like I need to be a Night Elf for shadowmeld.

Ele is a super fun spec in pve, but I’m not a fan of playing casters in pvp. But I can play Goblin which is my favorite race.

DH is super fun, but my entire group of friends play Blood Elves. Hell, everybody plays BE. I’m also hesitant about a class that had typically been bolstered by borrowed power in an xpac with none. Might be a rough patch or two before things are tweaked properly.

I’ll probably just wake up on release and use a pickerwheel, lol.

Now that the Vengeance talents are out I’m hopeful so… Maybe.

There are a couple of talents that make me scratch my head as well as some that I think might be traps. Its really going to depend on how it plays out on the beta.

If it doesn’t look good than I’ll probably go warrior both fury and prot are looking pretty good.

I honestly don’t know, at the moment I still see things in the talents that don’t convince me. As much as it hurts in mobility, it is possible that I will return to my frost DK; I had thought about playing priest too, but in this last build they killed everything that seemed interesting to me in the priest (mainly holy fire build in holy) and I’ve lost interest in it.

Maybe I should just quit the game. :slightly_frowning_face:

The current talent tree for Havoc looks pretty awesome. I’d be completely fine if this was the tree that was released on DF launch day. I’m really looking forward playing around keeping meta up as much as possible while having a strong blade dance and immolation aura.

I’m stoked about being able to spec into demonic appetite, blind fury, cycle of hatred and shattered destiny. And being able to also take rage fire, burning wounds, and glaive tempest or specing into soulrend will be icing on the cake.

3 Likes

Quit? That’s kind of defeatist, don’t you think? Before Legion, my main was a balance druid, and I stuck with them from 2004 until then. Even through bad times for them. And, I’ve been keeping that toon relatively current since. She’s 60 now and is like 248 iLvl? I just felt like a change once Legion came out and love the Havoc playstyle and the aesthetics of the Blood Elf females.

The fantasy and mecanics of the classes calls me less and less, the changes in the classes do not convince me and the history of the latest expansions, is :ox: :poop:, each time I see more and more the game from a calculation perspective to make the most of my time and the numbers never close me, I constantly see pvp and pve mixing, limiting each other and :poop: one on top of the other.

so :confused:

If the game is good for you don’t let my opinion affect you, enjoy it while you can.

2 Likes

Same. I can’t speak to how good it looks in depth, but it certainly looks like some deficiencies are being shored up.

IDC about metas, I find Veng way more fun than blood to the point I just made my DH my dedicated tank for the season

Screw the meta anyways lol

4 Likes

Yeah. I’m liking the fiery immo brand build for veng and looks like more meta uptime. Find me a cooler skill than abysmal strike and I’ll switch.

Havoc looks interesting but I have more reservations there than Veng and I primarily tank.