Who's Afraid of the Dark? Achievement bugged

I believe that the achievement “Who’s Afraid of the Dark?” in the Vault of the Wardens dungeon is bugged.

I’ve done it multiple times and have not been given the achievement. I start the fight by picking up the light. I throw it at her in the middle of the room then DPS her down to 40% where she casts Creeping Doom. I dodged all the walls and then attacked her once she came back down. I had to pick the light up to reveal the avatar mob she spawns that shields her. I have killed her while holding the light and also while the light was on the ground.

I was told by a GM that I’m basically S.O.L and it’s out of their hands. They also suggested that I use in-game bug reporting in addition to submitting a forum post to ‘increase visibility’. One or the other should suffice but I don’t want to allow the next GM to say something to the extent of “Should have made a forum post”

I have no idea what’s going wrong with this achievement. I am absolutely confident that I dodged all the Creeping Doom walls and my combat logs reflect that statement.

Any help is appreciated.

4 Likes

I had trouble doing this the ‘correct’ way. After reading that the mechagon trinket would kill her and give credit I decided to use Focused Azerite Beam just as she was getting to 40%. It killed her and gave me credit for the achievement / finished my meta. I would have used the trinket but I had gotten rid of it so long ago that I couldn’t restore it. I know your post is a couple of months old now but hopefully someone else finds the info useful.