Who was Cenarius' girlfriend?

" The enchanted keepers of the grove (or keepers of the glade )[1] are the male offspring of the demigod Cenarius who protect the woodlands of Azeroth."

" Dryads are the enchanted daughters of the demigod Cenarius."

Okay, fair enough. What’s the other half of this couple?

Given Cenarius’ eldest son romanced a rock princess, the sky is really the limit here.

I’m guessing tree ancients, given the that keepers of the grove tend to have green thumbs, and other fingers. But since they’re also generally druid aligned, I’m not sure how trustworthy that conclusion is.

Anyone have lore that goes beyond a casual reading of the game wiki? Or even an amusing theory?

In Reign of Chaos, Cenarius’s children are called bastards.

So I imagine it was a lot like Greek Myths about Zeus and how he just mated with anything and everything. But other lore says that Cenarius’s children were actually his grandchildren born from a single pairing of his son Zaetar and and Earth elemental Princess Theradras.

Cenarius’s GF(s) got the Tiffin Wrynn treatment. She probably existed and was probably powerful and probably important but because she’s female and Blizzard didn’t think the story needed a powerful, possibly goth nature queen deer mom, they aren’t around. Big bummer. Another Shadowlands letdown tbh.

6 Likes
  • Option 1: like son like father

Cenarius banged Therazane. They like Thicc Elementals. Could also indicate Elune may be Thicc if Malorne is the same.

• Option 2: Zeus/Pan equivalent

Cenarius banged Freya, or one her servants who are nymph-like. Would explain why some dryads are in Freya’s room in Ulduar.

• Option 3: Zeus/Pan equivalent 2

Cenarius banged Haidene, the first priestess of Elune of the Night Elves. Dad bangs Elune, he bangs Elune’s priestess, son bangs an elemental princess of an element closely tied to Elune (earth).

6 Likes

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dryad#Description

Cenarius’s children are Acorns… The guy probably used Magic to grow them.

I’m sure Malorne gave an enchanted Acorn to Elune as a gift and she created Cenarius from that.

3 Likes

Acorns are seeds and require both male and female gametes to produce. Unless Cenarius is intersex and can self pollinate :eyes:

Cenarius banging Therazane is funnier cuz it makes the Centaurs inbred

4 Likes

/ vomit

Also, water is the element closely tied to Elune.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with the first Priestess falling in love with her goddess’s son and it being a good story? It’s almost a romantic, nice version of a Greek myth.

And earth too, inasmuch nature requires earth to flourish.

3 Likes

Nature requires all elements, even fire, to flourish, not just earth.

Earth is cold and dry without the other elements

1 Like

Well if you have fire, air, and water, kinda hard to have a tree and roots :stuck_out_tongue:

Whereas water, air, earth, you’re good.

1 Like

Fire comes from the sun, and technically there is invisible fire providing energy to all life.
In tiny, controlled amounts.

Or is it Light™ as per Tauren (and sorta Blood Elves)

And I believe as per Velen Light is Life and Life is Light :thinking::face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Ask AU Grommash how the Light worked out for them

Light + Elements = Life
Light - Elements = Crystalizing Dessication? Since they were removing Shamanism, basically same as what Guldan did.

Regardless, Life requiring all Elements just ties Elune to all Elements including Earth via Life as an intermediary

Leave this thread for 2 hours and come back to intersex Cenarius lol.

But that’s not wierd because The Winter Queen mated with a mushroom. That’s the canon origin of Ardenweald.

1 Like

Personally I’m partial to Therazane. It would give a reason why both Cenarius and Therazane were against the union of their children because they were half siblings. Like Habsburg + Greek tragedy.

2 Likes

Therazane doesn’t make sense to me because a mini-Cenarius plus a mini-Therazane equals centaurs and not more mini-Cenariuses, so Cenarius plus Therazane should result in something similar.

1 Like

Unless… Like in Greek myth, the first batch of kids of Ouranos and Gaia were monstrous (the Giants with a hundred hands) but the second batch were “normal”.

So first batch of kids were the Ancients (they do have a lot of rock, we’re still not told how they came to be other than “errr nature”) and second batch were Keepers/Dryads

1 Like

The Hecatoncheires ?

:pancakes:

1 Like

There we go. I never can spell it right the first time so I gave up in that post lol

1 Like