Who Wants TBC?

Just out of curiosity, who here actually wants TBC to be a thing; why/why not?

4 Likes

Judging by similar posts in teh past, I would wager about 80% of people want TBC. As for why, it has the spirit of vanilla but on a bigger scale.

16 Likes

I do; to me it’s the best version of WoW in which the pve and pvp are both fun and unique (don’t need to do one to support the other) the raids were good the arenas were fun, flying was cool and appropriate for TBC, Draenei were an awesome addition to the game (crack elves were pretty popular also) many of the problems of Vanilla were fixed in TBC, (fel lotus vs black lotus ie) the classes were more balanced but still were quite different from each other, etc.

12 Likes

A good majority of the classic player base wants TBC, this is kind of just the waiting room. I’d say a good 20 percent are die hard vanilla fans that wouldn’t move on, which begs the question, will blizzard realize this and simply open the dark portal on the current realms, and allow transfers off for those that want to stay vanilla? Or will they do something Blizz-like and make like ten TBC realms, and have 32000 player queues on each server with all the current realms sitting there at low-medium population while the forums crash week one due to complaints?

My money is on a completely out of touch, botched TBC release. In fact they might even do something REALLY absurd like have everyone re-roll at level 1 for TBC, that way on top of 32000 man queues, the starter zones are too full to do one quest, half the people quit not wanting to level their mains again, and the entire point of having the dark portal event is missed.

3 Likes

I do because I prefer the way WoW used to be before WoD. I’m not playing Classic because I prefer terrible class balance and itemization. I’m here because despite its flaws, its closer to how the game was six years ago than it is today.

TBC brings so many improvements to the game and that is why I will play it over Vanilla Classic.

8 Likes

I want TBC since it’s still got the spirit of the old design philosophy but it fixed up a number of the rough edges of the game.

It probably had the best class design the game has ever seen.

7 Likes

Tbc is the best era of wow

5 Likes

I’d like TBC…after I have plenty of time to enjoy the rest of classic. Right now I’m in no rush.

7 Likes

Tbc is the best version of wow, of course I want it.

4 Likes

Yes because then we get Lich King, the best of WoW.

5 Likes

TBC and the first half of WotLK were what I really wanted. I have my doubts that they’ll do WotLK properly, and even if they do, they’ll be stuck forever at 3.3.5 with LFD eventually, so I’m considering just staying with BC.

2 Likes

I’m torn between which one I liked more, but I think if anything, both TBC lovers and WOTLK lovers agree, anything pre-cata beats Vanilla.

6 Likes

Most people playing classic do want TBC, but I’d wager that most also just want to replay other expansions when they were in there “prime” before they were changed for the next expansion. So in retro spec, people are just replaying the game like a memory, so to speak but playing it vastly different. Some people can say they love how it is, some can say the opposite.

Do I want TBC? Yes I do. But from a development stand point, as well as certain classes (aka seal of blood being a Horde paladin thing when ally had paladins and got shafted by it for seal twisting), I disagree with it.

4 Likes

TBC exists as a stepping stone to WotLK.

Release it today.

3 Likes

I do.

I started around the TBC pre-patch and never got too attached to Classic’s endgame, I’m glad classic happened, but the nostalgia never hit me as hard as others.

I honestly don’t understand people who hate on Wrath and TBC - At the end of the day, they were great expansions. You can make some crazy theories about how the things they implemented lead to how retail is now, but it really doesn’t hold up.

3 Likes

I personally started Mid TBC, didn’t even get near max level until Wotlk was about to drop, and didn’t actually do endgame content until WOTLK. So yeah, classics great but even starting classic I had to learn new things, like the horrible ranking system, and some things are missing as well imo. I was like ‘‘WOAH a meadow ring of eluding this ring was bad af back in the day for twinks’’, then I was like ‘‘lolwut, it only gives 1 dodge’’. Same with all the dungeon items that are green that drop off low level bosses, they were blue when I started.

Oh and having to talent into sap and STILL have a chance to become unstealthed. What is this garbage lmao. Oh and shamans not being able to use 2h until after level 20, lolwut. I specifically remembered using smites mighty hammer on a 19 shaman at some point.

6 Likes

No one wants tbc, they are just humoring you.

1 Like

I want it because of this.

TBC is a superior version of vanilla.

11 Likes

I’ll go all the way to WoD with this Classic thing purely for the PvP. After WotLK I pretty much exclusively PvP’ed casually in the game and while MoP’s was my favorite PvP out of any expansion, I still really enjoyed WoD’s.

I wouldn’t even mind Cata too much since my guild didn’t survive the drought between killing the LK and release I didn’t raid at all through Cata. That said, it would still be a waiting room from WotLK to MoP for me.

1 Like

They’re great expansions though I think you can really start to see the shift in WotLK.

Classes really started going towards the “everybody needs to be equally good at everything” design, dungeons became AoE spamfests, and the crossrealm LFD was added to the game. Leveling was also becoming more trivialized through the introduction of heirlooms.

Cata was when they blatantly just turned the entire ship around, but I think you can see them getting ready for it in WotLK.

5 Likes