Who is real rank 1?

“It’s better to have tried and failed than to never tried at all.” Sean-Paul Thomas

He’s a DH main, he doesn’t know the game is dead.
He is completely blind and incredibly brave.

You know the phrase “it takes one to know one”

It applies and I’ll never deny it (even mentioned it in the thread too), I am extremely competitive with anything that I do and when I was younger I made the excuses all the time that I wasn’t doing well in school because I wasn’t trying etc., but it’s just a lie to yourself

It’s extremely common for people to behave that way defensively

But I won’t say I don’t care, if I didn’t I wouldn’t be responding at all. If it’s not obvious, it’s because I do find it personally insulting to those that put in effort and work hard to claim you can easily do it

So while I still think anyone has the potential to succeed I also know not everyone will. There’s varying amounts of circumstances everyone will have, but at the end of the day most people simply just make excuses because theyre too afraid try and fail

The dumb shield is strong with this one…I wish you luck with ever changing your mindset.

what are we vaguely referring to as “success”

Scabb says
Saying you could be R1/Glad easily if only you put in any effort or motivation.

honestly you’re not really adding extra layers to this discussion, you’re just convoluting a very simple situation

(1) random warrior x thinks he’s really good
(2a) his current record is very lackluster
(2b) his max experience is so-so
(3) warrior x says the only reason the aforementioned facts are the way they are because he doesnt try

which is a defensive reaction to people who question the validity of statement 1, because he definitely feels he should be given more credit than his record deserves

of course there are exceptions, but we currently have a quantum wave function where the probability of statement 1 being true is on the lower end of things, until proven otherwise through observation

1 Like

success is usually personal imo, but for these cases it’s whatever the claim is. I.e: I could be r1 if I tried, I could be in the nba if I tried, I could have straight A’s if I tried, etc.

Generally whatever that persons definition of it is, which they’ll generally mention in these cases

If a tabard that looks like a worse version of the Honorbound rep tabard and a proto-drake that looks like a rusted camo spray-painted 1993 Ford F-150 in dragon form isn’t “success” I sure as heck don’t know what is, Yung Idc

i could be in the nba if i was born into a different family.

1 Like

Because that specifically came up and became relevant once another player broke that specific top. I did not start any conversation with that lead in

Exactly

It’s out of a position of defense

Which I again said are pretty much all BS, no one gets defensive if they don’t care

I mean, I wouldn’t even bother looking at peoples “current records” lmao

Since you tried to turn that into mathematics, can I ask what “really good” is quantified as?
Maybe 2200 is really good to him?

Funny thing about language, subjectivity and all that.

I would never even conflate those terms because they are very different things. I don’t think I trust you to accurately quote me, Sir Hamhock.

Not sure where to begin with your tremendous amount of assumption.

1. I haven’t never asked for credit for rating I have not achieved because to do so is absurd
  2. Someone stating a fact that you wish to perceive as defensive does not make it so.
    People get defensive when they feel they’re being attacked or they have something to prove. I don’t care if I’m being verbally attacked on the form and I certainly have nothing to prove.

It’s easy for someone to care/respond about false accusation or about others stupidity projected at them without having specific cares to the topic at hand

Just another random example

I’m very skinny, and while I do have an above average metabolism, it would totally be possible for me to gain weight and get in shape if I excercised consistently.

If I were to claim though it’s so easy I just don’t try I’m a) lying to myself and b) just discrediting the hard work of others. I don’t have the discipline or the drive to get myself in shape like that. While I do have a busy life and schedule it is still very logistically possible for me to get in shape. But I don’t. So making those claims and bringing them up is just an excuse.

It’s also a really common claim that people make lol. “I’d be in shape if x,y,z everyone else is so lucky it’s easy” while doing nothing whatsoever is the easiest way to lie to yourself to make you feel a delusional reward of success, while not actually doing anything

Define “in shape”
:upside_down_face:

Trying to feign ignorance is one of the oldest forms of trolling, you know exactly what it means

The upside down smiley face also generally denotes trolling, Yung Dillon. Put your pants back on.