Who ever created Revendreth

“hey lets have the realm we use for the redemption of wicked souls be run by a corrupt aristocracy, this is clearly the best method for running the place.”

Really, that is the best these ancient beings of the spirit world/afterlife could come up with?

3 Likes

We do not necessarily know that the leadership of Revendreth was always corrupt, or that Sire Denathrius was always in control. It is possible that nothing of what we have seen is how things were originally supposed to be.

11 Likes

I’m not sure it was initially so corrupt. That seems to be a (relatively) recent development, with Denathrius jumping in bed with the Jailer. Otherwise, I’m not sure he would have been allowed to keep Revendreth during… whatever restructuring happened between the Eternal Ones and the Jailer.

It wasn’t. Or rather, the Harvesters weren’t. Renathal remarks Denathrius would come to his parties and confide in him, but he begins to wonder if all of that was an act too. The Accuser, Curator, and Prince all get thrown into the Maw or Ember Ward because they refuse to corrupt their purpose

we do know, it’s in the questing

Denathrius literally created all of Revendreth, same as the Winter Queen made Ardenweald, the Primus made Maldraxxus with the Bindings of Fleshcrafting, and the Archon made Bastion

To be honest we still don’t have a clear timeline there:

• Oribos was made by the First Ones
  • Arbiter rules Oribos, thus presumably Arbiter was placed there by the First Ones
  • Zovaal was banished to the “inescapable maw” by the Eternal Ones, which is the Covenant Leaders and Archon, but don’t mention if First Ones helped
  • Maw was inescapable, doesn’t mention if that was put there by the First Ones
  • What’s up with the Runecarver
  • etc
4 Likes

you know it wasnt always like that right

1 Like

Denathrius has always run Revendreth. So unless he had a major personality change, it seems likely he’s always run it this way.

its almost like the shadowlands has been a thing for EONS, why people cant change, are you the same now as you where back when you where 1 years old?

2 Likes

Based on the fact that the Maw was not always the Maw, and that the “Purpose” is clearly a bald-faced lie, I think we can assume that none of the Shadowlands is as old or as eternal as is claimed.

1 Like

Agreed, but Renathal begins to suspect Denathrius was always like this.

I mean what was he doing at Sinfall that lead to the Light “retaliating” permanently?

Every other zone they attack and leave and attack and leave, but in Revendreth the Light was Pissed.

Oh its as old as they claim, it’s just that the timeline has now been doubled in length lol

The Arbiter and its minions (and Blizzard at Blizzcon) want us to believe going into Shadowlands that the afterlife has always been like this, that it has always been structured like this, that the Eternal Ones have always been in control. None of that is true though, hence the OPs question since you’d have to have seen some deep-cut datamining to know that it’s all a lie.

1 Like

We dont even know how old the timeline is, we just know the legion started 25000 years ago, at least thats when the draenei joined, we dont know how long the events before that took

1 Like

Dont you sylvanas fans have something else to be delusional about first she is was true horde, and now the shadowlands was always evil lol

3 Likes

I’m sorry Kat I can’t hear you over the soundtrack “Sylvanas FreeWill” that is long and filled with heroic overtones. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

imagine grasping at song titles and music notes lol

The heroic part is when anduin comes in and kills her

4 Likes

That’s my point.

Reality as we know it “comes with” Ardenweald, Titans, Dreams, Eternal Ones, Burning Legion, Sargeras, Zovaal

But who nursed Aman’thul when he was a world soul? Who nurtured Life before Eonar was? Who established the Eternal Ones in the Shadowlands? Who made the Maw inescapable?

etc

re: Maw
There’s Pre-Maw Maw (Obleron?), Inescapable Maw (First Ones did it?), and now Zovaal Maw (Eternal Ones banished him).

That’s three eras.

1 Like

Good, that would be the first interesting thing Anduin has ever done.

Doesn’t change the fact that all of the Shadowlands covenants are corrupt and broken (I didn’t say evil).

Sire Denathrius, who supposedly sired the Dreadlords, did all of this for aeons without the Arbiter or the Archon or the Winter Queen noticing? Or Sire Denathrius suddenly turns crazy recently?

Ask yourself Kat…who is the real evil here? At least Sire Denathrius has a functioning civilization and is able to keep people alive unlike a certain Winter Queen who has chosen selective genocide as her solution.

Real nice afterlife you got there.

yeah cause sylvanas broke them lol

theres that delusion again, did you not read or play in the beta lol

2 Likes

Uh huh. Explain Uther and Devos then if Sylvanas broke the Shadowlands. Face it, the Shadowlands has been broken long before the drought.

oh you mean the devos that if she followed the system nothing bad would have happened, you got me sooooooooo good

3 Likes

Isn’t the Kyrian’s and Arbiter’s whole schtick that everyone goes to the afterlife they are meant to go to? Why would the Arbiter send Devos to Bastion if it knew Devos harbored doubts or would harbor doubts?

Makes no sense. Arbiter needs a tune-up, it’s broken.