Who else is maining WW monk in shadowlands?

I feel like I’m the only one😭.

2 Likes

I really, really, want to, and may just give in and do so against my better judgement and blizz’s track record with us.
I’m not going to lie and say that the small amount of recent attention has me too optimistic, but at the same time I feel like if too many of us monk mains jump ship now with SL, then that gives them even less incentive to fix us.

3 Likes

I’d like to but I really don’t want to use fallen order.

1 Like

I am. I think Walking Dead is going to be really strong. And MW isn’t bad for 2’s with my dk brother. Its its nice that the healer and dps spec want the same stats and covenants for arena.

I plan to main my monk. Or at least play him alongside my warrior and druid. I foresee my monk taking up the majority of my time though.

I’d rather play my druid at a high level (which is Feral by the way). But with community perception, the spec gets rejected from groups a LOT. I’ve even been removed from +15 dungeons because I’m not boomkin, even though I have 3.4k IO.

So I’m just going to play a class that I enjoy and people know what they are getting: Monk.

2 Likes

I might main a monk but I dislike WW so much that I lvl, do world content, and solo content as Brewmaster lol

MW/WW, maybe a little Brew for M+

I want to but WW feels like trash, this is coming from a feral druid.

Im tired of dealing with the jank that comes with shapeshifting and having half my abilities constantly locked out. But i want to options like hybrids get. Questing as ww is just super painful.

After testing since alpha I can say I’ll be a Brewmaster main.

Brewmaster has a smooth rotation now and feels like a WW. Brew has kicking back finally! So I feel like a martial artist again and not some drunk guy swinging a golf club (stupid blackout strike animation that has zero basis in martial arts).

And to be honest ww is still buggy in the beta. Our best dps coven (venthyr) turns us into a demonology lock with a lighting tiger, 8 shadow clones, and 3 elementals. like dude I play monk to be a monk not some summoner with 12 things summoned. The only other choice is now Faeline and with it’s buffs (was playing with it this morning in pvp) will be nice but over all ww just is too risky to try and main again.

7 Likes

Would if it wasnt a class spec blizz obviously soesnt care about…with its track record thus far…youd be mad to play the dps spec that will only get content done with a carry group or should I say…a pity party. Til theres serious large scale revamps to ww you are making a mistake to play it. Fun it is but fun wont get you invited to a group when youre bottom of the barrel :frowning: fod I miss maining monk …im so demoralized.

1 Like

Im honestly stuck between my rogue that has been my main for years, and my monk.

Even though WW feels like its in a bad place design wise, and all the covenant abilities are meh, i still really like the flow and feel of WW. Plus having the ability to switch over to BrM or MW is also very intriguing.

The main problem with monk right now though is that their are soooooo many bugs and issues with the class as a whole, let alone the individual specs. Blizzard seems like they have no sense of direction when it comes to WW and MW. The class/specs needs a lot of work and it seems as though blizzard isn’t really making that a priority.

Bottom line, monks need more attention and they need it now. And they need 3 out of 4 covenant abilities completely reworked seeing as how Feline Stomp is the only ability that thematically fits the class imo.

P.s. Before anyone defends Fallen Order and says that its BiS for WW, i just want to state that i believe that the ability is complete garbage and in no way fits the theme of being a monk. I feel more like a Demo lock summoning random spirits that i have no control over to do random things for a few seconds. Until monks have a real identity we will continue to see random abilities like this added to their kits.

2 Likes

I’m torn really. WW is so ungratifying in its current state but BRM is great. I could BRM for mythic+ but the guild I will raid with I will most likely be DPS and that kinda sucks. Maybe MW but that’s a hot mess too.

Im leaning towards disc and shadow priest and just switching mains from monk after 3 expansions. I like my DH as well.

Edit. I’m sticking with monk and will main BRM. Just updated my weak auras and UI so now I’m committed. If they can fix some bugs and issues, WW would be awesome.

Most likely Draenei WW, less they let me race change Lightforged…

Your monk looks very cool. :slight_smile: I’m torn between Draenei or kt monk to reroll in the patch for my new ally main.

2 Likes

You’re not alone.

Necrolord WW/BrM all the way baby! I dont care if my class is dumpster fire tier, we all know that monk is the most fun class to play in the game, and i can cry myself to sleep knowing that.

1 Like

I’ve been looking at monk as well for shadowlands. I’m really unhappy with the ret changes. I leveled and geared my rogue but pugging m+ as dps is not my jam. So I’ve been looking into monk. WW for raid and BrM for m+. Right now my monk is level 93 so I’m not 100% sold on the class yet.

You are not the only one. I am playing my Windwalker on my monk as my main. I raided in BFA with it when I came back to WoW after a break. I love raiding on my WW monk and I will be maining it for shadowlands. As for how it will go later on in future patches that remains to be seen. Monks tend to drop off because of scaling, but you never know they could buff up the spec. I remain optimistic yet cautious. However, if I wasn’t playing my WW monk in terms of raiding/pvp I probably wouldn’t be playing WoW at all. The only other class that partially appeals to me is DH but even then it can get repetitive and boring to play. Maybe Rogue depending upon spec, but it is boring to raid with.

Despite the setbacks, I still did well in BFA in terms of raiding. Top 3 often, maybe it was the corruptions boosting the spec but I still managed to make it work with big damage. I think where people fail is that they think you spam the same skills over and over but you lose dps that way.

Ive made it a habit to hit different skills every time for the mastery. I think that’s where a lot of people that play WW monk have a problem. BEcause other classes you can hit the same skill again without penalty, but on a WW monk you can’t otherwise you dps drops off. But a good rotation is

tiger palm, tiger palm, fists of fury, rising sun sick, whirling dragon punch, tiger palm, crane kick, then keep rotating off of that and your dps will be boosted. I adhere to the mastery and do very well in dps in raids.

you won’t regret being able to punch a healer into a corner then bounce them with wod

I hope they keep the strike. Brew isn’t about flashy kicks like ww. Brew monks make use of unorthodox fighting that involves true randomness in the fight. Mixed with going with the flow they do not kick which should not be put on the spec.

1 Like