Who else is gonna cancel sub if we cant get flying immediately with 8.2 release?

I’m just sick of waiting this long…

And youre seriously gonna time gate it and make us wait more?

EDIT- by time gate I mean doing stupid rep grinds like in legion. Farming those caches and having to wait for weeks on end was annoying and excruciating

104 Likes

It’ll be a short rep grind just the way it was in Legion. If that’s your breaking point… you may as well save some money and unsub now.

edit:

I wouldn’t really consider the 2 weeks it took you (yes you you) to complete it “weeks on end”.

66 Likes

is gonna”…?

Friendo, Ion already missed the boat to retain the playerbase. Just because I can fly doesn’t mean I wanna fly anywhere in BFA.

44 Likes

Interesting point.

If patch 8.2 is a late May/June release but is gated till July/August I can see that turning a lot of players off.

I don’t blame you if want to leave because I agree that would be a tad silly.

20 Likes

They’ve already confirmed a Pathfinder part 2 so… you can cancel your sub now if you want.

57 Likes

My game time runs out in about 5 weeks. So I’m likely not going to be here for 8.2

16 Likes

i’m not entirely sure that 11 week time gated broken shore quest was a short rep grind…but I agree with your second point i’m just in a snarky mood

11 Likes

That wasn’t for flying, that was for the class mount (maybe?). Definitely not flying though. I had flying 15 days after Broken Shore went live.

edit: According to your achievements, it took you 17 days.

20 Likes

I’m getting a new face in 8.2.0, so no im not.

9 Likes

Been unsubbed since January.

20 Likes

I expected another time gate, I did not, however, expect us to have to wait a damn year to do something I earned in the first two months.

Ion said there’s two kind of people, those that want flying immediately and those that think it makes the world feel small. Nope. There ARE two kinds of people-
Those that want the option to fly by first pact each expansion- EVEN if it is earned through Pathfinders, and then, there are those that want to take away the fun of other people even though their own way of running on the ground is still there.

55 Likes

You’re not getting it as soon as 8.2 hits. You will have another Pathfinder achievement to do. There’s a lot of really good games out there. Just saying…

8 Likes

May I recommend Heavensward?

8 Likes

you had to have legionfall commander for pf part 2 which was roughly 7 or 8 weeks or grinding so while not the full 11 week quest chain it was still a decent bit of time after the broken shore stuff went live before people were able to fly

3 Likes

Because they want you to experience the content before you fly over everything. Pathfinder is a good compromise because it means you’ve reasonably experienced the content first. People are complaining because they want to put in as little effort as possible into everything.

19 Likes

Heavensward did it perfectly, you could do it after you hit max level and you actually had to go out and explore the zones and hunt down those aether things or whatever. I remember feeling like I earned it and I was happy doing it and it wasn’t time gated either.

8 Likes

Patch 7.2 came a lot earlier which I think is increasing people’s frustrations. Even then Argue launched soon after.

At least with patch 8.2 there is speculation that flying will be available in both new zones according to Wowhead staff.

IF that is true that would be a return to what they did in WoD by having flying available in Tanaan jungle.

2 Likes

Look at your achievement date for Pathfinder, Part Two.

Actually I still have your profile open:
Patch 7.2 released: March 28.
Your Pathfinder Part 2: April 14.

8 Likes

I haven’t experienced the content. In fact I have done less.

5 Likes

What’s a Heavensward? I’m currently looking at a pretty good line up of Nintendo Switch games coming this year. Mario Maker 2, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Animal Crossing Switch, Pokemon, and those are just the big ones.

2 Likes