Who are these loot changes for?

I’m assuming no change in raid difficulty scaling. So this will make it harder for most AOTC guilds significantly.

How so? Barely anything’s changed below 15, the 15 vault got knocked down 1 tier, which you can make up by doing a 16 instead.

Who cares about current? The new higher ilv is going to be the norm and people are going to want to get and invite player with that ilv.

People only stopped at 15 because that was the max reward, now they will try and push to +20

Check the indexing, 16 is barely mythic and isn’t equivalent to the mid boss loot equiv we get now.

Not only that, players who aren’t FOTM gonna be a bigger burden and struggle more with key advancement.

Also makes raid trinkets and weapons more demanding depending on tuning.

1 Like

389 + 26 = 415.
415 will be the new 304.

Only about 1k disc priest got KSM, and 850 Aff locks, (world wide) They want to play what they like.
Now they will be be punished even more for playing for fun. This is just for the Meta chasers.

2 Likes

I did say almost literally everyone, not everyone TBH.

Anywho, just got back from walking the dog so I haven’t read this blog yet.

That is going to depend on the tuning, 15 to 17 shouldn’t be too bad is only 1 more key level compare to now.

Vs 28,610 Survival Hunters. How are they going to make say a arcane mage or enhance shammie good in M+ if no one will take them. No one wants to just play a meta if there going to up gear drop to +20s then they need to make all classes good not just a few aoe meta classes. and even then get it to where the community will go oh your BM well aint bringing him oh a assassin rogue nah not outlaw skip him. this will blow up in blizz face

2 Likes

but you got to be doing 20s for the best gear

1 Like

Tl;dr valor now goes to 304 at 2400, end of dungeon is 294 at 20, vault goes to 311 from 20. 20s are now 22s

They won’t, Blizzard forgets that part.

I don’t mind 20 being the cap but it’s stupid of them to do that w/o making all specs desirable for M+.

2 Likes

i raided mythic in the brf/hfc days and i think he has a point :man_shrugging:

Legion trough shadowlands are on another level, especially coming after sepulcher, probably the hardest tier ever.

Cata-WoD are a different era and raiding change a lot after Legion.

1 Like

I got sick of ever more technical bossfights. Also, they used to include self-nerfing mechanisms like trinkets that grew in strength as time went on. Of course now those wouldn’t help anyway since it’s usually not dps but some difficult mechanic that stumps players. Feel the “get gud” vibe is still very strong with these devs even though the playerbase is actually “get wors” due to being older.

I expected them to go the opposite way and reward mythic loot from the weekly heroic raid vault (and then somehow compensate mythic raiders–maybe giving them the option of tokens they can up to buy loot items or possibly getting the odd bonus item out of a vault). Kind of surprised they went this way.

Everyone who feels like quitting thinks the majority of the game is composed of players like them. M+ players who push beyond +20 are a tiny sliver of the population and yet felt a few months ago when their dominance was unchallenged that it’s fitting and proper that game balance that favours their playstyle should continue.

M+ was too rewarding and was hollowing out raiding. This change was inevitable.

It’s for streamers and people who race world first, guaranteed. They’re the only ones who really want this crap so they can funnel loot.

It keeps them making content and white knighting, blizz gets to brag that M+ and mythic raids have higher participation that SL thereby justifying their design strategy going forward.

So if you hate how things are shaping up, get ready for it to stay this way at minimum. Ion will do anything to prove he knows better than we do.

1 Like

You’re replying to me but Blizzard just put out a blog post where they changed their mind and relented so you’re a bit behind the curve my dude.