Whitemane/Bene need lock down Xfers for Horde/Alliance

Whitemane was about 3/7 or 4/6 before the Free Xfer and all of sudden, tons of Horde players transferred to Whitemane, making it 2.5/7.5 in less than 2 weeks and it keeps going. More and more Alliance guilds are planning to transfer to Bene even it is not free. I believe the same thing is happening in Bene. Bliz do something to prevent all servers from being either a dead server or megaserver with single faction. We have been enjoying fighting Hordes in Whitemane from day 1 Classic was launched, even though Alliane are usually the minority. But if this keeps going, Whitemane will be dead server for Alliance too and there will be only one PVP server for Alliance which is Bene. Is this you want Bliz? And what if you launched WoLK? Let all the players on these two servers wait for over 3 hrs in queue or force them to pay another $25 accounts xfer fees? Good business model, isn’t it?

2 Likes

If only could have seen this coming!!!

Oh wait it happened in retail too back then.

We will be xfering to Benediction right after phase 3 prog so we are a full clear hyjal/BT clear guild for recruiting.

2 Likes

as of right now 21 horde guilds are transferring off herod to faerlina and you know there’s going to be some absolutely clueless guy who is going to be spamming for a group in Feb wondering where everyone went

2 Likes

Your thread is fine. I see we have the chorus here already of one-sided super mega server cheerleaders who also enjoy talking down to new posters because they were never taught how to be nice.

Sadly Whitemane alliance is one of the last/latest casualties in a mess that destroyed most of the servers and the game for countless people who quit over it. ironforge.pro shows what I mean.

Sadly I have no good suggestions. You can stick it out, for now, unsub if you are on the fence, reroll or pay to transfer. :frowning:

Editing to say you don’t need to worry about queues. We’re stuck with very poor quality Retail Lite servers what only people who actually want Retail like, they won’t have queues though.

2 Likes

I am interested that why Herod’s horde are transfering out as Herod itself is a Horde dominating server. I heard some of Herod’s Horde are transferring to Whitemaine as well.

Unless you’re trying to RP as an anti social cow there is no downside to being on a mega server.

We all knew this very situation would happen eventually, yet here people are shocked.

5 Likes

Because a population of 3700 raidloggers isn’t active enough in this version of TBC, even though that’s larger than the original servers were back then. Or they’re bored, because there’s nobody left on the other faction to gank.

1 Like

Maybe individual people are, but all guilds are going to faerlina who are transferring. All of them so far. Going west coast from east coast just isn’t as attractive, time zones, latency, ect

Herod’s pop has starting dropping as guilds blew up and anyone who wasn’t a warlock, hunter, shaman or shadow priest couldn’t find a raid spot transferred to find a guild and hardly anyone is transferring here so after BT progression and Season 3 ends more than half of all the guilds are leaving - we can all see the writing on the wall and being stubborn buys you nothing but pain.

Like those folks that stay in their dinky down long after all the work dries out and blames the kids running off to the city…

Just did not realize it would come so soon. Never thought that Alliance in Whitemane will need even think about Xfers. Even at the starting of Classic P2 when we need run 1 hr from black rock mount FP to BWL.

1 Like

I’ve explained my reasons before on the downsides but I know there is zero point in explaining that to you as you will never change your mind on anything, so that’s ok.

I just posted to support the OP. How do you know he “knew”?

1 Like

At this point, it is too late. Anyone doesn’t have an opportunity to transfer to a mega server will immediately quit.

2 Likes

This makes sense. Ppl prefer to play in large population server where there is 3-5x listings in AH and much easier to find Heroic group and pug raid.

Yeah, turns out people in massively multiplayer Online games people tend to want to be around a lot of people…online.

3 Likes

Nobody knew at the start of TBCC because the Classic servers were mostly healthy.

So it’s TBCC sucking or the layer thing.

The super mega servers offer a very poor community and feel absolutely nothing like an MMO, it’s more like a lobby game, the Retail fans like them though because they never wanted Classic WoW to begin with.

Grass is greener guilds who transfer to them fall apart constantly and people just quit the game when the guilds die.

Nearly every server was dead towards late Naxx - zero dungeons were being run it was only gbids

Herod went down to 3200 horde, your server was at 3333 total players (around 1200 horde).

Your server’s peak was early april 2020 at 7k and only steadily decreased afterwards down to about 3k

Spikes back up to 7k with TBC only to drop off a cliff in July.

To be fair your server was mostly on a decline more than it was ever plateauing or increasing

WoW classic in general since it cannot attract new players to play a living museum will decline 4-6 months after release because players get bored, most people who buy a video game will never even complete the game, same is true in WoW.

Players get slightly frustrated with something and just quit - I had a player quit over pvp resists and just ghosted everyone he played with for 2 years.

you are right

Blizz could easily fix this though. By merging servers together. Just imagine benediction and whitemane together let the world pvp continue.

1 Like

While I was initially against Blizzard imposing restrictions when it came to faction balance and server populations, it just can’t keep going on like this. I was looking forward to Wrath’s release, but if TBC is any indication, be prepared to transfer servers a few times if nothing is done about this.

They wont do anything, unfortunately. They could have nipped this in the bud months ago before Benediction started ballooning and hemorrhaging other servers.

1 Like

It’s an interesting observation. Basically, the Classic project is like an already dead game. Very few newcomers join the game, so the only possible outcome is to spiral downwards. Vanila Classic, however, was bigger and cound retain players for longer, but the overall trend is that servers and guilds die towards the end of an expansion. The only hope is Wolk, or a catch-up mechanism every patch. Otherwise, no new players would come.

Although we have 4000 raiders on Whitemane A, and 32000 items on the AH, forming normal dungeons runs to farm rep is hard.

Manuredps, why are you guys leaving? Any particular reason?