Whitemane, Smorc and Non-NA Player

Whitemane’s second Kazzak was taken down by Smorc again during mid night - 2:00 a.m. today. The Whitemane server started with sort of balanced factions. Personal view is that Horde players are a little bit more but in an OK range. Things got changed when a Taiwan streamer, player ID - UZRR and UZQQ came to the server and started a HORDE guild named SMORC. Initially it is just the streamer’s fans and followers, but as the faction became unbalanced, more and more Taiwan players transferred to this server and joined this SMORC guild. I understand that because Taiwan does not have that much WOW players, most of them decide to immigrate to U.S West server. But when one region’s players all flooded to one server, one faction, that’s totally a disaster for the other LOCAL players on this server, not only the Alliance.
For the world boss Kazzak, it spawned in mid night (1-2 a.m.)server time twice in row. And that’s just the Taiwan’s local afternoon which gave them more advantage to take down the boss. Also as they just simply outnumbered all other local guild’s players, whenever other Horde guilds tagged and engaged the boss, they would have a suicide team to make the boss immortal and then rush the boss with 3-4 raid teams.
Most of SMORC’s member are non N.A. players but just because one region’s players flooded to one server, one guild, the whole server’s N.A. player’s game experience are ruined. Although I understand the reason, it is unfair for the local players to sacrifice their benefit for non local players’ better game experience.

4 Likes

No matter where they are from, they all pay for the game, if you feel unfair then you can go play on a PVE server.

Also, as far as I know, Old Turtle is a large Chinese Alliance guild on Whitemane
that has a pretty good and friendly reputation. I dont think you are from their guild because they are brave and they are fighting against SMORC all this time. They have never complain about SMORC dominating this server. it seems that you are new to this guild. please learn more about your guild and do not disgrace their reputation, kid.

Just wanna kindly remind you, watch your language or you might get reported as talking like a racist player.After all it is not a Local issue, it is just a simple Streamer issue. However, you brought up plenty of emotional comments, which already offended a lot of players.

Sincerely suggesting you stop complaining and moving forward.

6 Likes

First of all, I did not bring up any racist issue and I was not even mentioning anything regarding race. So please do not threaten me using the Political Correctness weapon. And please let me know who I offended while I was not meant to offend anyone but just discuss this issue. Our guild is a Chinese guild with most players physically located in NA and we are indeed fighting against Smorc. I am glad that I am one of them. We also welcome all ally players to join us to fight against Smorc.

And yes, I am discussing the location issue as well as Streamer issue. I believe these topics are open to discuss, aren’t they? I don’t think this would disgrace anyone even if it is not a major issue.

At last, do not call me kid and watch YOUR language. Lots of WOW Classic players are already parents.

4 Likes

LOL! Didn’t get a world boss, deport the players!

So this guild is ally or horde?

Just wow. Did you get ganked by someone in their guild? lol

The Taiwanese players are in a distant time zone so for the most part I don’t see much of them except during the weekends. In that respect, they are like the Aussies and Kiwis who used to play on West coast servers (before they got their servers in Australia).

No bother at all.

SMORC is a Horde guild. Pretty large guild.

US servers were region locked in vanilla. Guess blizzard doesnt give a damn anymore. #nochanges crowd, where are you?

2 Likes

For those lacking in context - SMORC is a taiwanese streamer guild. Imagine the asmongold of taiwan. Their guild compromises of 1 999 player cap guild and another overflow guild with upwards of 700 players on terrible connections, lag teleporting all about, rolling through the world in massive zergs. If you’re on alliance, you can expect to encounter their zergs griefing you all hours of the day regardless of level. If you’re on horde, you can expect them to grief you in other new and exciting ways as they ninja loot with reckless abandon and attempt to kill their fellow horde in the open world for tags on everything from world bosses to quest mobs.

They are truly a delight.

4 Likes

Location has never been an issue for NA servers. There have been full blown Aussie servers before blizzard decided to release Oceanic realms. Stop crying.

1 Like

Vanilla WoW was absolutely region locked - people used vpns to try to get around it. Obviously aussie players werent locked out, as no such dedicated region servers existed for them - just Americas, EU, and Asia.

2 Likes

So you just proved my point. Thanks.

Reading comprehension not your strong suit, i see?

2 Likes

OP complains about non-NA players playing on NA

Vanilla had Non-NA players playing on NA.

It literally is the same thing. VPN or not.

Was briefly confused, Smorc is an orc shaman on Anathema.

i lose faith in public schools on the daily.

4 Likes

Lmfao “VPN or not”

1 Like

no one cares about crappy world boss loot I just want to be able to play the game without dying 10 times to raids when i wanna go somewhere

I played Vanilla, on US servers, while living in Korea. I certainly did not need a VPN to do so.

Nah I don’t agree, let’s make this local only as in locked to NA. I’m sure they can find servers closer to them.

1 Like