While we're at it, please make Songflower and DMT nondispellable

Why would they change it? It’s how the game was back in the day. They’re already doing way too much to accommodate the world buff crowd with changes and QoL improvements. Why not just bake world buffs into our base stats if there are absolutely no consequences related to getting and keeping them?

Maybe just… get good?

If you don’t like the Chronoboon and changes in general, that’s part of the point of this thread. Pointing out how making the buffs nondispellable would have been way less significant of a change than adding this really bizarre item.

It would have actively removed a part of the game that some players find to be fun. Dispel-sniping is a part of the PvP experience, and the people who do it enjoy doing it. It’s a way for one faction to hurt/weaken the other. I don’t see why it would be removed.

As I said, if it’s a serious issue for you, there’s no need to be on a PvP server. Otherwise, PvP has consequences.

LOL no way dude, it’s unfair to the dispel snipers? LMAO

It’s part of the game and they enjoy doing it. Taking it out of the game would be actively destroying a part of the experience that they like.

I don’t like getting ambush-ganked by rogues, just like you don’t like getting some of your thousand buffs dispelled.

Should we remove stealth from the game, too?

1 Like

PvP servers are rife with underhanded tactics where the person being ambushed has no chance of retaliation. That’s the whole point. It’s arbitrary to say this and that tactic is fair whereas this and that are not, when at the end of the day you are just discussing varying degrees of intentionally ruining another person’s day for your own amusement.

You can still PvP on a PvE server by going up to the person of the opposite faction and typing /duel or turning on your flag when you are “ready” for a fight, to ensure a completely fair PvP experience.

while we’re at it just autopurge world buffs

PvP doesn’t have to be fair or have counterplay. Is there any counterplay to a level 60 corpse camping a level 25 over and over again? Is there any counterplay if you’re on a server where the faction balance is 99-1 against you?

PvP wasn’t fair or honorable back in 2006 either. Serenity Now crashed an in game funeral. Angwe sat there and ganked entire server of lowbies for over 12 hours a day for months on end.

Nah, the buffs that actually matter are non dispellable. If you lose DMT or SF, just go get them again.

I suppose if you get dispelled while Ony or Zandalar are dropping you can just Chronoboon them and get DMT again now. True. Wastes 10g for the Chronoboon + 5g for second DMT + running to get buffs again but that’s still a lot better than how it was before.

This guy gets it.

If I get killed I have to face a 2min corpse run back to my body. If I get dispelled I have to face an hour of rebuffing and a gold cost. You know that, though.

Errr…you have a way to do this yourself. Others have pointed out the pvp side of it, but I am just gonna point out the gold side of it. You can get the buff and boon it right away. It is stored and not dispellable. Yeah it will cost you…checks notes…50 gold and 5 hours alliance / 40 gold and 4 hours horde to fully buff, but if having all the buffs is that important, that’s kinda what you signed up for on a pvp server.

You can get dispelled while Zandalar or Ony/Rend are dropping, just like before

Mhmm, so being killed by another player, on a PvP Server, still retains your Buffs? :thinking:

Again, see other people’s points about pvping on a pvp server. It kinda is what it is. If anything, your complaint should probably be to make it so that the timing of the dispel makes more sense. Simply wanting them to not be dispellable isn’t really in the cards.

I have an entire guild to protect me. If you are able to actually kill me while I’m buffed, that’s PvP and I deserve to lose my buffs. My entire guild cannot protect me from a suicide dispeller.

Why is it not in the cards lmao? The other world buffs + all the consumables are already nondispellable. There’s no reason DMT and Songflower should be dispellable when all similar buffs and effects are nondispellable. Dispel griefing is not pvp. Come kill me if you want my buffs.

EXACTLY my point! Dying, ALL of your Buffs are gone!

Boo hoo, so you lose 1, 2 MAYBE 3 (if they manage to Purge you that much) of your Buffs over ALL of them :roll_eyes:

You seem to think the issue is that it’s possible to lose buffs. This is not the issue. The issue is that someone can take your buffs away with 1 button despite having your entire raid around you, and the penalty for this is far steeper than actually getting killed under normal circumstances.