While we are here doing talent stuff and making changes

Can we prune(or tune) some warlock abilities that are basically dead at this point. I get the nostalgia factor of having Enslave demon and Unending breath and Eye of Kil’rog and things like that but what’s the point, particularly with Enslave Demon? It never works even on demons that a Warlock has made a full on pacts with so why do we have it ? It would be innovative and down right dope if I as a warlock could force a Dread Lord to do my bidding for 5 minutes then boom it’s free to do whatever it was doing before but we can’t even do that.

P.S - I also really think it’s time we expanded the Demon catalog. Fel Lords, Bile Bombers(Fel bats), Pit Lords, Imp Mothers and a functioning Doom Lord would be really nice to add to the repertoire of Warlocks. (Even if they are a cooldown abilities)

P.P.S - Tier set idea:

Destruction warlocks 4 piece Summons a colony of Fel bats at the target location of the warlocks Rain of fire dealing X amount of Damage for 6-8 seconds. Can only happens once every 30 sec to a minute.

Demonology Warlock 4 piece Hand of Guldan has a 5%-10% chance to summon an Imp Mother. Last 15-30 seconds. Imp mother bolsters all damage by 25%-30% and extends the duration of all imps by 15-20 sec. If you use implosion with the imp mother implosion damage increased but 50%-100% .

Affliction Warlocks 4 piece Corruption has a 5%-10% to summon a Doom lord or Pit Lord Last 10-20 second every time the Doom Lord or Pit lord hits a target with Agony it cast Malefic rupture at 30%-50% of the damage the Warlock would normally cast it at.

Keep in mind my main isn’t even a warlock but thematically it is my favorite class and I (personally) feel like there is ALOT of wasted potential there. Obviously I’m no D.E.V and I don’t know the logistics of doing something like this but doesn’t it sound cool to incorporate more demons?

I’m gonna get off my Soul Well Soap box now.

Thank you for you time.

2 Likes

It’s never too late to become a main warlock :wink:

Well, there have been talks about more diversity in demons, i remember one of the biggest threads to date is from Baal, its a thread active to this day even Warlock Customization: Stables for Demons/Aberrations - #1279 by Pepino-frostmourne

And being honest, maybe this kind of threads as constant reminder works, as eventually we got male sayaads; and Demonology have a Pitlord in Dragonflight.

I used to be against those more demons, but, i wouldn’t mind more skins for exiting demons.

Biggest shame about Enslave Demons is that we just don’t see a whole lot of demons in most expansions, if we had, maybe it could be more like MC or Enslave undead(in some SL dungeons) in M+.

Funny you describe that because its basically https://www.wowhead.com/spell=267211/bilescourge-bombers from demonology.

2 Likes

DEMO GETS A PIT LORD!!! Switching mains right now!!! (Mannaroth my love, I’m coming)

Ever since Legion added the felbats I’ve always wanted a spell like Hunter’s Murder of Crows but it’s felbats.
The thought of it gives me Gears of War 1 Kryll vibes

I actually went around using subjugate demon on all the demons I could find and well you would be surprised to know the amount of demons you can use it on. On Argus you can use it on a infernal pitlord model ( one that looks like the first boss of tomb) it is near the kil’jaden’s crashed ship. I used it when the demon taming ideas in the general threads was getting steam to see what you would be able to tame with it if they used it to tame stuff. It was an interesting experiment. Another interesting one is the dreadlords in Outland near the stairs of destiny, the elite ones they have a infernal spell that summons a lvl 60 minion infernal that is a copy of the destro locks infernal aka it gives soul shards and you can use subjugate demon on the infernal after you summon it, I think it’s a perma summoned pet , my point is keep subjugate demon but make it how we tame pets by letting us use a soul stone we can get from the dreadscar to make a pact with the demons we subjugate it would be dope. Also I like using the spell to have demons fight to the death for my amusement as a warlock.

4 Likes

Maybe don’t make posts suggesting removing flavour spells we’ve had since vanilla then? Eye of Kilrogg and Unending Breath isn’t hurting anyone. Neither is enslave demon.

4 Likes

This sounds insane.

Broken insane.

Unending Breath is great when Blizz doesn’t negate it by giving players underwater breathing and enhanced swim speed in-game.

Eye of Kilrogg is something I don’t use as I’ve never seen a use for it, especially as it can aggro mobs.

The big problem with Enslave Demon is that said enslaved demon has its damage reduced and, IIRC, attacks when the enslavement wears off. To be fair, I only used it once when I first got it and, since it replaces the Felguard, haven’t used it since then so it may have been changed.

Yea they are novelty abilities at this point. I’m not sure that they have a place but what should be done with them, who knows.

Do you use ritual of doom because if you do enslave demon is used but if not ok.

Unless you use an extremely specific build that doomguard from ritual of doom isn’t even good. I only use it to ritually sacrfice my friends.

The last demon I can remember that was worth enslaving was back in Legion, in that Suramar sewers dungeon. One of the demons there was worth enslaving because they had a half decent Chaos Bolt, but more importantly, they had a single target buff with a relatively short cooldown that you could make it give to anyone in your party. It was something like +30% damage AND +30% haste. It was a pretty crazy good buff and if you gave it to your top dps party member they’d do some really good damage.

And with the legion dungeons becoming m+ for next season you might still use it, don’t go throwing that one away so fast we also have some demons from wod who will be in m+

Oh right WoD Auchindoun also had a good demon. However, unlike the Legion one, which could be used for the entire dungeon (presuming, of course, that the rng doors let yougo through the demon sections first), the Auchindoun demon that was nice to enslave could only be used for a very short time before you were forced to give it up. Iirc it was an imp with a very long cast time for a very strong attack. Once gear got good enough that enemies died really quickly it was no longer worth. At some point I only ever enslaved them just to interrupt their cast.

But the demon will scale with m+ so the damage should stay good.