Which spells are being removed from GCD in 8.1?

(Varrow) #12

Well that’s nice I guess, what about all the other categories? The original intent only mentioned offensive cooldowns, then it expanded beyond that massively and we never really got to find out why or how Blizzard feels about all that or how the players responded to all those extra abilities.

With the sole exception of Blizzcon the few rare times this topic has been discussed in a Q&A nothing but the offensive cooldowns are mentioned. Yet the change was so, so much larger than that.

I think Ion did specifically mention defensive and utility was being looked at in addition to movement at Blizzcon right?

(Mythlos) #13

Ah so all the mobility is back f the GCD, including those used to set up incredibly easy crowd control like Harpoon into Trap.

But Mages. Mages need to talent into an ability that removes the GCD while giving it a longer cooldown.

(Taeldoriàn) #14

Based on that list, it looks like all the classes with decent or good mobility are getting their mobility spells off the GCD. What about classes that have bad or horrible mobility? DKs, Pallies, etc. We suffer the most in this category already with less mobility options, why exactly does the 1 spell we have need to stay on the GCD? Divine steed being the example here.

(Foctordreeze) #15

Defensives should be off GCD as well. Especially for ranged classes since they have filler abilities which usually make them GCD-capped.

(Diecruxx) #16

Agreed. Wraith Walk and Deaths Advance should be off GCD as well. I mentioned Death Grip earlier but didnt want to get greedy. Dont think the devs would do the right thing and take all three off GCD.

This is just what we have confirmed so far. There could potentially be more added to the list, but I personally just don’t know of any others yet.

We’d love to hear from you guys on more examples of abilities that you feel should be off the GCD and why.

Abilities we want off GCD!
(Chadadin) #18

Shield of Vengeance would be nice… it’s a defensive CD.

And honestly, any 2 min offensive CD. Kinda ridiculous they got put on GCD.

(Xoja) #19

Summon Darkglare.

I’m fully aware of the stance on offensive cooldowns being on the GCD but with the amount of globals required to get use out of this cooldown before it is used, it just feels lame to have that little pause before you get to use it.

I’m sure other cooldowns feel the same for a lot of players but those are my thoughts on Darkglare.

(Whiskeyjack) #20

I can live with offensive cooldowns on the GCD. Although Seraphim feels extremely bad because it’s already got a significant opportunity cost, and now you’re asking us to use a GCD on it too.

What’s awful are tank defensive abilities on the GCD. Why is Light/Hand of the Protector on the GCD? I cannot remember if Frenzied Regeneration was taken off the GCD but if it’s still on, why?

(Gloworm) #21

nice! making it easier for melee to zoom around the arena like a juiced up choochoo train.

because it was sooooo tough for them before

good call

Innervate is definitely a spell that should be taken off the GCD since having it on their feels awkward for both Resto and Balance.

For Resto, you have to wait the GCD after using it on yourself to cast another spell, whereas an Innervate put on another healer can be used for the full effect (typically 1 extra GCD).

For Balance, it feels awkward to have to use a GCD to buff a healer (meaning the max DPS option is to just not use it at all), and feels even more awkward with the Lively Spirit trait.

(Jackson) #23

Bestial Wrath really needs to be off the GCD. With the barbed shot cooldown reduction mechanic being a main part of the spec, it feels overly clunky to have bestial wrath on the GCD as well. Frenzy uptime is so important that you’ll often have to waste 10 or 11 seconds of the Bestial Wrath CD reduction just to keep frenzy uptime, and that feels really bad. Having to use a GCD on it AND Aspect of the Wild is just overkill.

(Whiskeyjack) #24

Yeah, that too. I cannot imagine why some of the specs with the best mobility needed more help in that department. Havoc really needed that, didn’t it?

Frenzied regeneration back off the GCD would be a nice addition to the other Guardian buffs. It was nice to be able to use it in a pinch and not 1.* seconds later.

(Gurthäng) #27

Death Grip definitely doesnt belong to the GCD, it feels bad, its our gap closer and since we already have so poor utility as dps and missing an extra interrupt cause of the gcd is just awful.
And not to mention the amount of dps we lose when gripping during raid bosses cause of the gcd.

Death Grip should be pretty obvious. Just all major cooldowns too - designers finally realized this change was bad, and those abilities were part of the change.

yes PLEASE take rallying cry off the GCD I want to be able to save my raid without feeling awful about losing DPS

I mean why don’t you do your job instead of asking for information that’s been on the forums since alpha when the change happened in the first place?

(Zoumz) #31

Deathgrip is an interrupt ability, it should be off the gcd because of that. Also, I’ve heard also that the dk ai in the new islands expeditions bot comps use deathgrip as an interrupt vs casters so it’s clearly something obvious.

(Whiskeyjack) #32

Death Grip is not an interrupt ability. There is no spell lockout associated with it. Its function however allows it to work as a pseudo-interrupt. Stuns can also be used to stop a cast but no one’s going to make the argument that stuns should be off the GCD.