Which quest line for noob?

I’m currently a lvl 47 Tauren DK. I’ve been doing the Legion quests but am running out of them. I tried Cataclysm but I get 1 hit kills. So what should I do? Where should I go? I will end up getting Shadowlands at some point. But I wanted to explore first. Any help would really be appreciated.

Probably BFA?

Thanks. I started it but wanted to check everything else out. So I guess I’ll go back to it. Does anything else scale up at higher levels?
Also, saw you’re a High Mountain Tauren? Where do I go to unlock that quest line?

If you want to be able to do the old content without overpowering it, you’ll need to use Timewalking (Chromie Time). You’ll also need to stay below level 50. (Once you hit 50, you get kicked out of Chromie Time.) I haven’t checked in the live game, but on the beta, having the starting quest for Shadowlands (which you get at 48) also messed with Chromie Time. (It didn’t kick you out, but did lock you out again if you turned it off for any reason.)

Chromie is near the Embassy in Orgrimmar. There is an hourglass on the map at her location.

Once you turn on Chromie Time for an expansion, you’ll have access to that expansion’s dungeons in the dungeon finder and all of the old content will scale to 50. So, if you don’t care about dungeons, which expansion you’ve got active in Chromie Time doesn’t really matter, as it will make all of them scale to 50. You can also change your expansion by talking to Chromie again.

To solve the problem of getting kicked out at 50, you can turn off your XP gains to keep yourself from leveling out of Chromie Time. There is an NPC in Orgrimmar that you can talk to do this.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=35364/slahtz

The pre-requisite for Higmountain Tauren is getting the “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” achievement by questing through Highmountain in Legion. Then you’ll need to do the unlock quest which you can pick up at the Embassy in Orgrimmar, which I think now requires level 50.

Thanks for the info. I’m lvl 49 now, and probably a quest or tow away from lvl 50. So I may wait to do Chromie time with an alt. Since I will probably use my DK for Shadowlands.
To be clear, I could still do the Legion expansion in order to get the High Mountain quest, it just wouldn’t scale without Chromie time right?

Yes, all the quests will still be available, they’ll just stop scaling at their expansion cap. (Which is 45 for Legion.)

Awesome! Thank you again for the help!

And you need the achievement before you get the quest.