Which Loot system works best for classic Raiding

Hi all,
with classic less then a week away im sure we are all very excited for launch day. Me and a friend are considering creating a guild as we enjoy being in the leadership position. Since raid bosses in classic wow dont drop anywhere near as much loot as retail wow bosses for the number of raiders required, what loot system is the fairest? Ive looked into DKP, Loot council and epgp and I’m a bit unsure which one to use… so ive come here for some feedback or maybe other ideas, look forward to hearing from you guys
thanks

It’s very subjective and a matter of preference… They all "work’

I’m generally done with loot council but many aren’t. Some hate dkp. Some people are using a combination.

Each had people and find, strengths and weaknesses. Research and select what aligns best with your guild goals and your of people you will be playing with.

Find good people, and whatever system you choose will work fine.

I’m personally fond of a mix between dkp and council. The way we used to do it, certain things were reserved for specific roles (MT, MT Healer, etc). Other things were reserved for certain classes to bid/roll on. Everything else was straight dkp.

rolling dice and ninja-need.

I personally hate loot council, it’s rare to find a guild that will be completely fair with the loot and not show preference to certain people for various reasons, I’m only going dkp, epgp or if I’m desperate a loot council/dkp mix

I like zero sum DKP.

need over greed is being a basic human being.

thank you for the feedback ladies and gents. really appreciate it :slight_smile:

Relevant but too long to quote reply I left on another loot system post:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-psychology-behind-loot-council-issues/249950/41

1 Like

EpGp is in my opinion the fairest loot system because it is entirely dependent on how many hours you log into your raids. The issue with this system (they all have flaws) is that if people save their effort points for whatever, then upgrades could very well be sent to DE instead of being used. Also note that this works best with a consistent 40 man group best, a new raider wont have any gear points, thus giving them priority on the first item they can roll on.

I like dkp personally, i forget what its called, but there was one that let you go into the negative, basically so you didnt let things rot on a boss because you didnt have enough dkp (this was not uncommon practice in everquest)

Back in vanilla our guild did a silent bid DKP system where you could go into negative. Seemed to work well iirc.