Which graphics sett. to adjust for Tarragrue Hungering Mists?

I just had my first attempt at the Tarragrue fight and my gosh, I haven’t had lag that insane since Sindragosa or Thunder King on my old, lower end laptop. Which graphics settings should I focus on in particular to survive his hungering mist ability? I don’t have issues elsewhere in game, so I would like to adjust only what would actually help counter the intense graphics from mist, rather than lower all of my settings to their min.

1 Like

I don’t have a graphics answer, but there is an anima power that lowers AoE damage by 90% and should allow you to survive mists.

2 Likes

That fight runs really slowly on my PC no matter what graphics setting I use.

Still playable, but not enjoyable.

2 Likes

The anima power that you need is Oddly Intangible Key.

3 Likes

Yeah that anima power is basically like if you lag due to the floor mechanics pick me and you can ignore them.

1 Like

I hope I get that power next time. Is it just RNG? I got 12 FPS during this effect and definitely can’t move away in time to survive. Seems like a technical issue with my platform that graphics setting 1 and some other tweaking does not resolve. I jump back to 60FPS every time it goes away. I usually never go below 30 FPS anywhere else except maybe the Mor’geth world boss fight.

It’s RNG, but if you interact with the towers outside the boss area you can remove the four anima powers you got and try again. You’ll have to make a loop and pick up the orbs where you killed the trash mobs that drop them. You can try as many times as you need, limited only by the patience of your raid.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I was in a pretty critical and impatient LFR group yesterday lol. Dying was probably preferable to running back to figure out how to reroll these for the first time and risk getting kicked, but I’ll consider it if the group seems more patient next time. Usually, LFR has not been quite this bad in my experience, but I had to just accept the commentary where everyone assumed people who died to this were just extremely bad (and at a thing that’s been out for two weeks). :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

LFR groups can get pretty salty.

Did you try asking in the technical support part of the forums instead of GD? Blizzard or someone else might have an answer for you.

1 Like

At least the lag isn’t as bad as P1 of Denathrius. Holy crap I thought my computer was going to explode each time on that one.

Yeah I’m on a Mac and noticed there was another thread already started in that tech support forum, but without much resolve so far. I added my experience, and am following a couple other threads I saw for PC, so hopefully there will be a fix at some point. I will experiment more if necessary. Things like this do not always get fixed quickly, so that anima power would really help out in the meantime! :slight_smile:

1 Like