Which Game to buy

After i reached lvl 20 in starter acc i bought 1month game time, now im level 85. now this expansion is bit confusing for me. To play the full as level 120, which expansion i have to buy?

1.World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands
or
2. World of Warcraft®: Battle for Azeroth
or
3. World of Warcraft®: Complete Collection

• im not into cosmetic or ingame items. but would like a 120 boost to safe it for later.

and with just game time , what is the maximum level i can reach and what are the other limitation with just gametime.
also in just 15days of playing wow i saw too many downtimes, is it normal?

1 Like

Battle for Azeroth will allow you to level up to 120 through playing content. The story technically starts at level 110.

Shadowlands offers you a 120 boost if you buy either of the two higher editions of the pre-order, so you can get to level 120 without playing through the BfA questlines. You will still need to grind reputation with the BfA factions, so you can’t skip all of BfA entirely. Also, be warned and notice what other people have said about boosted characters entering 8.3 content. It’s TOUGH. Leveling up the long way probably serves you better in the long run.

2 Likes

so if i buy shadow land, i can play everything, also BFA? it also cheaper than BFA

No, The Shadowlands pre-order does not include Battle for Azeroth. It is possible that they will tell you you’re ineligible to buy Shadowlands unless your account already has BfA on it.

Shadowlands content won’t be released for about another year. The main reasons for pre-ordering it are the 120 boost and access to Death Knights for races that were, up to this point, ineligible for the class. You also get a spiffy new mount and some extra appearance items! (But these are arguably less compelling reasons to purchase.)

Invest your money into Battle for Azeroth for now, especially since you said you intend not to use the boost immediately.

It is worth pointing out, also, that when Shadowlands debuts (or in the pre-release content) levels are going to be compressed. All our level-120 characters will be scaled back to level 50, and we’ll start the game anew from that point. One result of this is that new characters will be MUCH quicker to level, if you can hold off until next November/December.

1 Like

alright ty for explaining Liaeatha.

BFA came with a free 110 boost all expansion so I assume that is still true. I highly recommend making some 110 trial chararacters and testing them in the tutorial and scenario with the icy veins class guide rotations before blowing your boost. After you buy BFA you can make 110 trial characters.

There has been extra downtime because a major patch 8.3 with alot of new content came out last week. Th new 12 boss raid is releasing today so we’re down all morning.

1 Like

what are the limitations on trial characters, can they do dungeons or raids?

I’m not sure if they can do dungeons and raids. There is a 15 minute battle scenario after the tutorial and then you can go into the open world. There is a training dummy in the tutorial and also several in the world including your capital city. Yeah these major patches only happen twice a year so more downtime the first couple weeks.

Last time I checked, trial characters couldn’t enter instances. (This is to keep people from using them to get around lockouts to farm mounts and such.)

If you’re sure that you’re going to be playing the game for a while (or want to play allied race/pandaren Death Knights) then the Complete Collection is the best deal for a new player. It includes BfA, Shadowlands, and both a 110 and 120 boost. Just be aware that aside from the access to the allied race/pandaren DKs, the 120 boost, and some cosmetics, you won’t get anything else out of Shadowlands until it comes out, probably in the late summer or fall of this year.

If you want the minimum upfront investment, then start with BfA as Liaeatha suggested. I’d finish leveling up to 110 before buying it in that case, just on the off-chance it goes on sale sometime between now and when you hit 110.

Iirc, once characters are formally boosted, they are also locked out of instances for 24 hours after you first log in to them post boost.

1 Like