Which Eternal One is the oldest?

title.

I think its probably Primus or Zovaal…and

Bonus question: Were the Eternal Ones always Eternal Ones or were they “normal” people given extraordinary purposes by some outside force?

Krestia, (or however you spell her name) The Archon is literally called “The firstborn”

Her title means that she’s the first of the Kyrian.

1 Like

Who the hell knows?

1 Like

That’s pretty blunt, but yeah.

1 Like

Were they “normal” people, like Bwonsamdi? All we know is that they are associated with the First Ones. There may not have been any “normal” people at the time of Eternal One’s creation.

The Winter Queen, who is related to Elune, and not the others, may be older than the rest, if Elune is a First One.

I don’t think that information is out there yet.

It makes me wonder about Denathrius. Did he sneak into the Shadowlands from some other place, and slowly take over a realm, and mold it into something? Or did he replace someone?

It seems like Eternal Ones aren’t exactly a race, but more of a position that is granted or claimed. Denathrius was overthrown, after all. So was Zovaal. Such scenarios may have occurred in the past.

It’s confirmed that Denathrius is the creator and original ruler of Revendreth, actually. All the Eternal Ones are siblings, except for the Winter Queen, who is only related to Elune.

But there are other unnamed zones. Was he there at the dawn of the Eternal Ones, or did he show up at a meeting one day? How did he create the realm - there must have been something there. Maybe he just took over a realm and recreated it.

I don’t know about the “sibling” thing. They call each other brother and sister, but that could be more of a thing people in an order call each other.

Like Monks irl call each other brother. And nuns call each other sister.

It could be possible that the First Ones picked folks who were around, and made them “Eternal Ones” as some sort of order. Not that they necessarily have the same parents or origins, but that they are members of an order created long ago.

I assumed the Eternal Ones were all created by the First Ones at the beginning of time when they set up the cosmos.

He created it with anima, of course. Anima is a MacGuffin, and with enough of it, can do whatever the writers decide.

Ordinarily, I would agree. However, given that the Winter Queen has a literal sister, Elune, but goes out of her way to call the Primus a “dear friend,” while the other ones call each other siblings, it does cast doubt on that.

I would like that sort of scenario.

Kyrestia’s Crest of Ascension uses a Vessel of Ardenweald, so Winter Queen is older than Kyrestia

Winter Queen doesn’t call any of the rest siblings, but calls the Primus a dear friend and basically calls Denathrius “that guy”

Zovaal is the Arbiter, so by necessity is either the first or the last to be made; I’d wager first.

So I think:

1. Zovaal is the oldest
  2. Winter Queen
  3. Primus
  4. Kyrestia
  5. Denathrius

It’s hard to tell which Pantheon was created first, or if all Titans were created at about the same time.

But I could have swore I read somewhere that when the First Ones shaped the Cosmos, the cosmic forces, they created Titans to “represent” them. To have that influence and structure within all the universe.

The [First Ones] who shaped the cosmos knew they needed to protect the Shadowlands from external threats and beyond. Maldraxxus was their answer.

Personally, I believe the order went like this:

1. Arbiter Zovaal
  2. The Archon to Ferry Souls
  3. The Primus to Defend Maldraxxus
  4. The Winter Queen to bring renewal
  5. Denathrius for the redemption of “lost souls” (before the Maw existed)

The term “siblings” I think is more of an adopted sibling trait. They refer to themselves as siblings, but I don’t think there is what we would consider “blood related.”

In this cinematic, Kyrestia says:

"Where is your sire? Where is our brother Denathrius?

The key word being “our” while only in the presences of the Winter Queen.

Aman’thul called Sargeras Brother at the end of Legion.
Archon called Sire Denathrius Brother during SL campaigh.
Zovaal called himself their Brother during the 9.1 cinematic.
Winter Queen calls Elune her sister.
Zovaal calls the Primus Brother during their fight for the Maldraxxus sigil.

The only one that stands out is the Winter Queen and her … “infatuation(?)” … for the Primus.

I think the Titans are seen more like the Greek Gods, if there was a fondness there for the Primus by the Winter Queen, I don’t think it would be far fetched.